EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for hunting? noob here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xanious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:55pm
Another question. How do skills work? Is it like normal mmos where the higher your attack (ranged laser damage in this case), the more damage you do, or is it like skyrim where you level it up, and have unlockables? Or something else?

Another question, assuming its not against game rules, could I just delete my account, make a new one, and start on rocktopia? (or where ever you recommend trying to eco hunt)
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Xanious Xanious wrote:

Another question. How do skills work? Is it like normal mmos where the higher your attack (ranged laser damage in this case), the more damage you do, or is it like skyrim where you level it up, and have unlockables? Or something else?

Another question, assuming its not against game rules, could I just delete my account, make a new one, and start on rocktopia? (or where ever you recommend trying to eco hunt)

How do skills work?
Skills are subsets of professions. Professions are directly linked to the tools (weapons, mining gears etc) you can use effectively. Higher the profession, bigger tools you can use. e.g. you can use a big gun which does more damage; means you can kill a bigger mob. At the end it translates into gameplay costs. Bigger tools demand more money.

New account?
Don't throw away the skills you have already acquired. That will be foolish. Its better and way cheaper to "fly" to the planet you desire.
jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:41pm
damage dealt is a factor of your weapon - when you max a weapon (both hit and damage saying 'not anymore') you do max that that weapon can do - as your professions increase you get maxed on better weapons which (as Tia said) cost more to use

I will be flying to ark this afternoon (approx 3 hours from this post) if you want a free ride

-Test

edit: actually I have more than enough oil, I'll fly you wherever you want
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:07pm

The old guide I read said to do sweating so your evasion goes up as the creature attacks you. Is this still a good idea?
- Sweating solo will give you more skills and a bit sweat (evade from physically attacking mobs, and dodge from mobs with a ranged attack).
- In a sweat circle, you will get much more sweat, but less skills.
- Swunting solo is a nice way to keep your costs down, while gaining skills.

You are only allowed to have 1 account. So you can ask support to delete your current account, and then create a new one that starts on RT.
But as has been mentioned before: you will start from zero again. It would be easier to look for a (free) lift from someone who is flying to RT.

Also, I must say: RT is not the best planet to start on.
Even though Gears are a great MU loot: it's nice to go visit RT for that, but it's not a good reason to go start on that planet.
I know there has been a lot of 'advertising' for Vixen Gears farming on the Rookie channel.
But that has made a lot of newbies decide to go there: resulting in too many hunters on a too small spawn.
I was there last week, and there was consistently a bad hunter/mob ratio. 15 players on 5 Vixens is not helping to create a fun a friendly atmosphere (screaming/cursing/KS).
The influx of offer also has made the MU of Gears go down.

As far as I was able to see, for someone starting on RT, there isn't much else to do but Vixens, solo sweating and oil picking. 
The starters I spoke there, were forced to TT their loot, because the AH/market is so small.
So: RT is nice for a visit, but not as a starting point.
Caly is a better place to start, even with their nerfed puny. At least there you can get the Vivo S10, have sweat circles, and a big AH. In other words: much more options.

But imo Arkadia is still the best planet to start on.
The puny are still 10 HP, with loads of spawns right next to the Quarry TP.
The Caraboks give more (evade) skills than any other puny.
Like Caly, there are also daily sweatcircles with free healing.
You get a free (green) outfit in the starter missions, so you can get out of the OJ quick.
All the missions can be picked up from a single point; so no running around trying to find NPC's.
And after graduating, you receive an Adjusted Musca as reward. While from all the other planets you receive an Adjusted Pixie.
Musca has a bit better balanced protection, looks better (imo), and has a much better MU.

But yeah, I admit: I'm biased towards Ark. It's a smaller, friendlier planet to me. Wink
Nevertheless, a majority will agree; it's the best choice to start on.

Other threads about setting out on Ark:

Some skill links: 
Krystme View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:56am
Traveld for free whit Mcready mother ship
Xanious View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xanious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 1:50pm
Ok then. So ark sounds like a good planet. So combat skills (like ranged lazer damage) basically make it so your can use bigger and better weapons, but doesn't help directly with damage calculation. Id love to accept the free ride to ark I was offered, but unfortunately I'm unable to accept, still being on a get away till tuesday.
Hopefully I can go to one of the places you guys mentioned and snag a free ride to ark. how is the best way to change weapons when in combat? I am planning to use my opalo as my main weapon and my rubio as the "finish them! " weapon. Any other tips for a noob wishing to hunt? I really appreciate all the help so far, and I am excited to sitting down and getting my hands back on the game.
jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:43pm

how is the best way to change weapons when in combat? I am planning to use my opalo as my main weapon and my rubio as the "finish them! " weapon.

press G L I

G opens the keyboard map, L starts 'edit mode' and I opens inventory

drag your two weapons to keys on the keyboard

also fine (if you havent already) 'toggle auto-use' in the actions library (Y) and add that to your keyboard

look through other actions in the Y library - there are a bunch of useful things in there
Xanious View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xanious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 8:30pm
Great. So what do you think should take priority right now? Sweat farming to up my defensive skills, or trying to hitch a ride to ark?
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123