Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another question for people on ark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 5:16am
The advise in this forum is so far off sometimes it makes my head spin. Caly has so much more to offer new players. Besides the starter mission and punies nothing on ark is very noob friendly and the graduation armor is not better it just looks better which for some reason causes it to be worth more higher impact is better vs so many mobs. Caly has many more new player friend quests. Yes they are trying to sell starter packs and made monsters tougher in the new areas. Do you know why? The game isnt doing too well right now besides ark underground deeds are failing and dragging the whole game down by sucking a ton of ped out of the game and giving hardly any back. 

I think the starter pack and harder new player mobs is a bad idea but come on stop telling people bs just cause you dont want to be lonely on ark anymore.
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 5:59am
It would be great carrieann if you could stop trying to insult people because you dont agree with their
opinion. There are so many statements you just made which are just plain wrong but I am not going
into an argument with you. Just accept that people dont share the same opinion about stuff and
leave it there.
jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 1:27pm
i would like to comment on the fact that I dont see a single insult in carrieann's statement
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 2:17pm
The last sentence clearly being aimed at certain people in this thread about comming up with BS and
being lonely on Ark, that combined with earlier statements made by carrieann creates a decently
aggresive posture and yes also slightly insultive towards the people it is being wrongfully aimed at.
carrieann View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 2:48pm
The funny thing is I like ark thats why I travel there once a month or so. I dont stay long cause the planet lags a bit more than caly which is odd for the low population and the light effects are poorly done in alot of areas which makes things too dark in alot of places. Caabok are tiny little green creatures in green grass very annoying when trying to hunt a bunch fast for mission and at night you cant see them at all. Trade on ark is slow at best and the ah never has anything I want. Ep stuff like buying sweat or hunts are always on caly. Again ark is nice I rate it the seccond best planet. 
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 8:27pm
If one planet like Ark, is dragging the entire place down as you suggest, then the whole game is doomed in the long run anyways.   Wow, I want some of that kool aid.

Also FWIW, when ark profits MA profits too,  ie you will probably see a bump in your weekly payout for the caly deeds.

In fact, these past two weeks that they have been doing the smuggler thing on Ark, you also see the payout on the Caly deeds is up as well so I don't see how Ark is killing the entire game.  Saying Ark is not giving anything back is off too as there were some rather nice NICE HOF's over the weekends.  I know I was in on one that was in the 9K range and got paid proudly on it Big smile  for what little damage I was able to inflict.

Thing you have to remember is that, no matter who profits,  MA / Caly profits. 

I have theories on why Ark lags near the quarry but you don't want to hear them,it's Caly or nothing.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
carrieann View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 4:45am
By saying I dont want to hear them means you havent made them up yet cause you have no problem telling it as you see it slug. Everyone with any sense at all agrees ark deeds have been a failure and I would bet you wont be seeing any new deeds anytime soon.
wournos View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wournos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 7:21am
For what it's worth I wish I had started my career on Ark instead of Caly. In some aspects it is much easier for a new player to make it on Ark. The punys actually drop stuff that can be sold through auction. Not to mention the possibility to global on them.
The only thing I find difficult, and it could be because I have 0 patience for it, is selling sweat on Ark.
BBGlobal View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBGlobal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 9:47am
heya, just got back from a scheduled break (it started a little later than i'd have liked and finished earlier :)

One of the things about Quarry is everyone relaxs and trades there. If you look at a program like Nodes 2 (http://www.yanobox.com/NodesOnlineManual/) you can visualise that it will be the bottleneck.

I was a disciple on Arkadia and finished using 2 cap tt and a 300 ped budget on Feran, the remainder after graduation was ~253 +adj.pixie jeep etc

I also hate the grass+cara setup.

Would you guys say that the absorption of PED from the playerbase for the initial AUD's has negatively impacted how much people spin round? looks the same during Caly's Migration.

It was kind of expected that AUD's would look great on paper for the first month and then plummet in payouts.

It's like saying "I give you PED, then buy up more cheap, then grind underground for maximum return later"

Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 10:30am
The AUD's I see people discussing a lot, the returns atm are just terrible and it looks really bad, I am
not sure if they can be recovered. That being said, I dont mind holding on to mine and dont regret
buying the ones I got, mainly because I do want to support Ark development, even if my "donation"
is only a drop in the ocean :P. Lots of other stuff can be said about this subject but not sure if its
worth the effort or time to discuss :).

Caraboks and grass, good and bad, they are supposed to blend into the enviroment, but I think they
did it a bit 2 good XD Sometimes you run into a direction just to get stuck, to notice you ran into a
Carabok -.-. They do give amazing skills comparing them to other starting creatures and once done
with these you can easily go towards Halix as well without 2 much effort.

I am about to finish my last mission for them, after that I dont want to see a Carabok for
a few weeks, but since they blend in that well that shouldnt be a problem :D
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 10:03pm
Ive gotten several ped or three drops on caraboks at times.  As you mentioned, the skills are good.

The land deeds, it's a new place on the underground, they need to build it up.  I am also pretty sure that MA is a BIG factor in how fast and what they can roll out as well.  They might have huge plans on stuff but MA is puttngthe brakes on them.

Also for AUD,  when it was someting new of course everyone ran to check it out and they paid good, folks were dumping ped in there.  Then the novelty wore off and it's down a bit.  That has happened on pretty much everything.   Look at your caly deeds as well.  The weekly pays on the dropped a TON, and the price on the auction for them dropped a TON.  Does that mean by your logic caly is going bankrupt and is a total failure as well?

I got ark deeds, and I got caly deeds, i am holding onto them.  Even with it's low payout,  in todays economy, get that return in a bank?  Id like to see that.

I have a feeling ark deeds will co0me around it will just take sometime.   Also to answer your other question, no I don't think you can get your base price back for them, it's a done deal and you wll need to get the cash from another player.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 7:34pm
Meh, much ado about nothing. 
At least there is a choice now.  Handshake

On a more practical side:
Personally I haven't had any problems with the camouflage capabilities of the Caraboks.
Because I have all graphic settings on low. 
And one of those settings influences the vegetation: making stuff on the ground (including mobs) easier to see. ('objects quality' I think)
So it's not showing any grass, just the trees and the bushes. Big smile

anti camouflage
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 9:38pm
So you like em shaved? Big smile

sluggo
Wolv69 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolv69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Sluggo Sluggo wrote:

I have a feeling ark deeds will co0me around it will just take sometime.   Also to answer your other question, no I don't think you can get your base price back for them, it's a done deal and you wll need to get the cash from another player.

Are AUD available on Arkadia any other way than from AH? Is it possible to buy them at fixed price from NPC vendor, or win in some events?
jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 2:04pm
they are sold by the Arkadia Underground Deed Broker near ARk Undergroud TP for 50ped
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>