Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question for people on ARK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question for people on ARK
    Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 9:46pm
Is ark getting more active since the new deeds? Been thinking about making a move out there caly has been lame lately. 
LadyBobJane View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBobJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 10:39pm
When have you last been to Ark? Ark became busier about 4 weeks ago (so even before the deeds). Now with the deeds a good number more miners arrived. There are some good events on Ark too.
Lady Bob Jane
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 10:51pm
Well Carrie, its becomming more and more busy these days yes. A few weeks ago I usually had about 6 to 7 registrations for my PFC hunt, but lately its been more 8-9 with last friday being 14 registrations. Since I been holding that mini sweat event on Ark I have seen sweat circles form more often or if there isnt one that it forms easier, and no not only because they are being healed by me :P I do let people die who afk to much XD.
But I think everything combined just makes it interesting, you got 2 different kinds of mining areas, normal mining on Arkadia and mining with a smaller range in the Underground.
Next to that Sanctuary Cove is being discovered by a lot of people combined with the ongoing event that is taking place there (for finishing missions and globals). The Underground creatures have good loot it seems in general.
The Aakas instances seem to be paying off slightly better with the new VU somehow and obviously the new instances in the Underground which are being accesed by the use of the treasure maps.
All of this is attracting also more and more traders to the planet now as well, which obviously makes it more interesting for other people as well, more buyers means more people to sell the loot to, meaning you get more hunters and miners which again means more buyers etc etc.
Think I covered almost everything here so....

Wzzls
Waus
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 10:59pm
Overall in general, more folks are moving to Ark.   It's not so pushy / big city like Caly is.  Also a lot of folks moved off Rocktopia and moved to Ark as their new home.

There are plenty of things to do here on Ark to have fun and earn ped.  Lots of quests to keep you busy as well.  The new deeds brought a lot of folks over, as did the new land area.

Right now the deeds seem to be doing ok on the payouts.  As more folks come here I have a feelign they will up a bit both in their value and cash payments.   Arcadia has a ton of potential and the developers seem to be doing a very good job of working it as well.  I hope it keeps up to be honest.

One nice thing is, if you are sweating or hunting 'little guys' for your tasks, there are plenty of areas that have them so if it's crowded in one area, you can goto another.

have fun on Ark.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
carrieann View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 12:00pm
I have always considered ark the second most popular planet and I dont see that changing but I was wondering of the economy had picked you know more items on the ah more people trading at the querry those things are important to me and ark has lacked that quite a bit and I have not been there in almost a month. Thank you for the info guys.
Pukester View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 12:23pm
Ark is great! Just wish there was a better sweat group for underground :(
Krystme View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Pukester Pukester wrote:

Ark is great! Just wish there was a better sweat group for underground :(
Sweat group at Caly Big smile :)))
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:24pm
Well, my experiences with Caly sweat groups are awefull. Its more often then not you got 50% of the group being completely afk which tends to destroy the circle, or people who just think its better to not stand in the circle at all destroying the tactic. I hope that the Ark groups arent going to be like that (and yes if we got to many AFK a nusul train fixes it) :)
Krystme View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Wauspaus Wauspaus wrote:

Well, my experiences with Caly sweat groups are awefull. Its more often then not you got 50% of the group being completely afk which tends to destroy the circle, or people who just think its better to not stand in the circle at all destroying the tactic. I hope that the Ark groups arent going to be like that (and yes if we got to many AFK a nusul train fixes it) :)

Lets make a bet. Smile I dare you :)) Tongue
I say the sweat groups on Ark will be the same as Caly.

MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Krystme Krystme wrote:

:)Lets make a bet. Smile I dare you :)) Tongue
I say the sweat groups on Ark will be the same as Caly.
Lol, betting that Ark circles will become like Caly circles, can mean different things:
- If you think Ark circles will become worse, then you're agreeing Caly circles are not 'better'? And Ark circles will go down to Caly levels?
- Or if you think Caly circles are better, then you're betting Ark circles will become better?
Which one do you mean? Wink
He he, EU is already enough gambling by itself. No extra bets for me. LOL

Anyway, joking aside: I have to agree with Wauspaus, my experience with sweatcircles on Ark is also much better than on Caly.
And yes, that has partly to do with the size, but it's also a general attitude difference that is noticeable on the entire planet, and not just during sweatcircles.

---

For the OP: the Ark AH is of course still smaller than Caly, but it is definitely growing.
Every week the amount of pages is larger; and more crafters, miners and hunters take up residence on Ark. The new Underground has only accelerated that trend.

Comparing for instance to Cyrene: (which I like very much as a planet), but I will not stay there long, because unfortunately the AH is way too small, and the population/traders can be counted on 1 hand.
On Arkadia the AH/trade is big enough to sustain me: no need to travel abroad, except once in a blue moon for a very rare item.
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:09pm
hehe, I am not going to bet on that. Because everyone knows, including me, that in time more and more people end up there and the circles get destroyed by these people. Until that time I can still enjoy sweatcircles mostly with people active.
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 9:04pm
Well one thing about ark, if the sweat circles get crappy, one can always solo swunt caraboks, gallards, and the other small fry's  for sweat and to complete missions if they so choose as well.  The aggro on these mobs is very minimal as well as the damage so if a noob does finding themselves falling a bit in health they can easily stand for a few minutes to heal up.  There are tons of these mobs as well so if there is a bunch of folks around one, its very easy to move to another.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBobJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 9:47pm
While solo sweating is pretty good on ark, My favorite place to sweat is on rocktropia because the hater mob can be sweated with 1-4 people and it lasts a long time. I can not sweat the hater by myself yet :). I have to get my evade up to level 20. I solo sweat the forum troll because it also has a lot of sweat and low damage.
Lady Bob Jane
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 11:55pm
LadyBJ  I heard that the haters were made non sweatable now.  Unless they changed that with this very latest VU I heard that from a few folks there.   But yes you were correct, it was great fun and all it would take was two people one front and back to drain a hater.

If they did do away with sweatable haters then RT lost one of the very few things worthwhile anymore

sluggo
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBobJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 1:43am
hmm ill have to check it out again. I thought they were harder to sweat because when one member of he group died the hater would continue to back away for a while. You may be right though,
Lady Bob Jane
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>