Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question for people on ARK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:34pm
Two people sweating a hater would take maybe 20 minutes per to drain.   Another activity there is to then go do a mob train, get the crap beat out of you while you bring them to the turret.  Good defensive skills there too.  Wait a few minutes to regen and then go get another hater.

Problem is, if you sweat there, you would have to bring it off planet really.  The auction there sucks really bad, and there  are not a lot of buyers around for much anything anymore.  The few months that I did live on Rocktopia, selling sweat was very hit or miss at best.  If you are going to try swunting, you will probably be sorely disappointed.  With the diminishing popularity of the planet, the loot went into the toilet and it's basically a sorry PED sink now.  You can sink almost a ped of ammo into a hater to kill it and end up with .06 pec of animal oil or some other useless TT fodder time and time again, interrupted by a few lootless ones.

Don't get me wrong, when it was happening, RT could be a lot of fun, but you will find that most the people there now sweating are the AFK monkeys.  Really is sad.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Spirax View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:39pm
Hmm I was thinking of going on a trip there after i've done my 12k jori on ark but I may very well reconsider now, my few peds are precious to me :P
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:46pm
Spirax, another fun place to goto is Cyrene.  there are a lot of 'noob' tasks, and they have daily crafting tasks too.  Now if you don't have much crafting experience, those could get costly, but they have a daily mining task too.  When you learn where the 'stuff' you need is at, you can get it fairly cheaply and it awards you with mining skills.  They also give you a gun too I think, some ammo, a free knife, sword, and finder and mining charges.  DO know though, they do NOT that I have seen, give you a digger, so if you do find something, you will need to borrow someone elses digger or get one of your own to actually dig it up.

Typically I make a quick jaunt to cyrene on a friday night / sat morning and hang out a day or so playing around, sweating the panelions or doing the daily on them, and the craft missions.  I don't know the layout of the place very well yet, but touring the teleports is always a good way to get a lot of missions going and seeing what's what.  anyways.   if you want, if I go this weekend coming up, Id be happy to give you a lift there in my quad to check it out.

Final note:  If you need a ride off, cyrene is a lot easier to hop a ride off of than rocktopia is as well... not saying Id abandon you but general info Big smile
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Spirax View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:55pm
Sounds like a definite place to consider going to, Thanks Sluggo.

As for the offer I think I'll be planet bound for quite some time. If, in future, I fancy going would it be possible to message you in game to see if you're planning a trip any time soon?

Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:59pm
sure thing!  You can message me in game or in here, either way works.

sluggo
Spirax View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Sluggo Sluggo wrote:

sure thing!  You can message me in game or in here, either way works.

sluggo

Thanks a lot
LadyBobJane View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBobJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Sluggo Sluggo wrote:

Two people sweating a hater would take maybe 20 minutes per to drain.   Another activity there is to then go do a mob train, get the crap beat out of you while you bring them to the turret.  Good defensive skills there too.  Wait a few minutes to regen and then go get another hater.

Problem is, if you sweat there, you would have to bring it off planet really.  The auction there sucks really bad, and there  are not a lot of buyers around for much anything anymore.  The few months that I did live on Rocktopia, selling sweat was very hit or miss at best.  If you are going to try swunting, you will probably be sorely disappointed.  With the diminishing popularity of the planet, the loot went into the toilet and it's basically a sorry PED sink now.  You can sink almost a ped of ammo into a hater to kill it and end up with .06 pec of animal oil or some other useless TT fodder time and time again, interrupted by a few lootless ones.

Don't get me wrong, when it was happening, RT could be a lot of fun, but you will find that most the people there now sweating are the AFK monkeys.  Really is sad.

sluggo
Sweat sells on rocktropia for 2 PED/k. I usually had to wait 7 days before i could sell but I have always found a buyer. Also, I fully agree with you on the loots of haters, soulshakers, and forum trolls. Those loots are terrible! Swunting haters is not a good idea, and it is better to get a group of mobs to chase you as you said. However, the loot on zombies actually gave me a tt profit one of the two times I hunted in a group against the lvl 10 zombies. Also, loot from vixiens is so bad tt wise, but people pay a handsome mu on vixien gears and I have always profited from hunting vixiens. Lastly, the oil rig on rt is nice because of the unpopularity of the planet, so I just stuck to hunting the better mobs and got some nice skills. I have gotten more oil on rt than all the other oil rigs combined. Motorhead kegs are starting to drop in the motorhead stadium on rocktropia again, but theyre really hard to get with all the aggro high level mobs there. I hope they move those mobs out and make the keg drop back like it used to be.
Lady Bob Jane
carrieann View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 1:49pm
I spent some time on ark this week and I would say its a bit more active. However they about the same I remember in terms of trading and auction house. Maybe it takes more time but its really hard to do anything on ark besides and hunt or mine (I dont craft ever)
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 6:12pm
There are A LOT more traders now then there were 2 months ago. Maybe not many events yet, but I am wondering, what else do you do on Calypso besides hunting or mining?
LadyBobJane View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBobJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 10:23pm
Some people throw parties ocassionally
carrieann View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 3:44am
Most of my friends are on caly all the ep reps besides sluggo are there sweat market is much better oil rig is better when its not a crazy mess but sometimes thats fun too. monster choices are better on caly. I get hired as a healer once in awhile on caly. caly is a busy place and if you are tired of all the people its large enough to go find something to do alone.

I would like to see ark get more like caly but I really doubt it will ever be as good. and ark lags really bad more often than caly.
carrieann View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 3:46am
most everything on entropia partners buying sweat, hunts and rep are on caly so as of right now im selling my Aud's sticking with Cld and staying on caly.
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 7:00am
Originally posted by carrieann carrieann wrote:

I would like to see ark get more like caly but I really doubt it will ever be as good. 
Heaven forbid: the fact that Arkadia is not the same as Calypso, is a major part of the attraction to it.
Why would they want to become just another Caly? 

Everyone has different preferences: some like the bustle of Caly, some like the friendlier attitude of Ark. Luckily there is that choice now. Big smile

For a planet that's not even three years old, it's actually doing very well. 
It is still developing and growing. And it can't be compared to the original planet; which was the only choice available for years on end. (And is realistically still MA.)
Of course Caly is more established in everything, no surprise there.

But your original question was, if Ark was getting more active, and the answer to that remains: yes

Wishing everyone fun on the planet of their choice. Wink
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 8:52am
I agree with Maybe here, I really hope it doesnt become like Caly at all.
For the sake of the game I hope Caly stays the number 1 planet as well, seeing as you know its kind of MA's planet. But in my opinion, the planet is too big, there might be MORE monster choices, but tbh not BETTER.
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 10:28am
I would like to see Caly drop from first place a few times.  let them see that if they want to keep their status, they need to earn it and keep their people.  We don't need another attitude of, this is what you got, deal with it.  We want to keep the innovation going.  Let ALL the planets see that they need to be innovative to keep the customers around.

Rumor has it though that MA has done nasty things in the past though to really make it difficult for planets to really take off, because it'd take the revenue out of their 'direct' wallet if the business goes from caly to elsewhere.

I like Ark and hope it does really well.  It will need to grow of course but hopefully the 'attitude' of the people don't change into another caly sewer.  Id like to see Cyrene take off too.

sluggo
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>