EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Entropia Partners hunt #4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onat42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:12am
thx 

Carrie ann Morris 
duo hellcostum maxwell

as part of the Team and:

ToriAnne Atriethalo Schwenke
as Backup for not showing up and delaying every one else

I really hope u wont get into the team again 

WARLOCK View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARLOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 1:45am
well that was great fun. loot was ok too. 2 globals. Tongue
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 1:51am
Its noticable that people being late etc isnt good at all.
I am going to suggest to implement a 15min timer for people to show up or at least let the person in charge know that they are there. If they are on the list. That way incase someone doesnt do that the person in the field can contact the backups earlier.
As far as backups go, I am not completely up for putting any consequence on the backups who werent online at the time. Some I tried to contact 15 minutes past the time the hunt would start. BUT....... having said that, I do think its pretty lame if I PM a backup to find out the backup is still flying towards Caly.

All in all, pretty good hunt we had. Good combibo's, some Nexi. 2 globals, a 26PED and a 54PED one.
Hope you guys had fun

Wzzls
Waus
Keelar View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keelar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 2:02am
Just wanted to say thanks to all involved....the hunt was great fun !!! Smile
GreySloth View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreySloth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 2:09am
when we finally got going, the hunt was great, excellent job Wauspaus and Stormdancer, thank you very much.

Suggestion: 
- In the 1st post for a hunt, say which TP is going to be used, and request that everyone who registers have the TP before registration closes. 
-Specify: the gathering time (at that TP); the time that backups will start to be called; the time the hunt is to commence
-calls for replacements should start 10 minutes after the appointed gathering time, imho
Kingy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 2:29am
Maybe you should say the hunt team and first 2-3 backups all meet at specified time and if your not there for whatever reason a backup can step in.
Using Chrome and clearing all browsing history, makes CrowdFlower work! PS I've got my first referral and soon all this will be mine!
Onat42 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onat42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Kingy Kingy wrote:

Maybe you should say the hunt team and first 2-3 backups all meet at specified time and if your not there for whatever reason a backup can step in.

100% agree.

It was really a very very nice hunt, just the beginning was a bit .... 

I was there at 00.30 my time ... at 01 am it was clear that Carrie (carrieann ) and maxwell (duomax here in the Forum) wont show up and it lasts another 15 or 20 min till it started ... 

so the "good" people who where there intime waited 50 min to start ... I really dislike that part of the hunt, and there has to be some consequences cause of that to these 2 People.
Im dont feel bad about the 2 backups, thats more understandable but if u are in the team and dont show up like Carrieann or duomax there should be a really harsh answer.
WARLOCK View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARLOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 4:55pm
I guess they'll be banned from next hunt
cziak View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cziak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 6:14pm
I waited until after the hunt was supposed to start then logged off. I was number 4 on the bu list and by a post on here I was called up.  I would hope they would know by the start time who had checked in. Should be - if you haven't checked in a 1/2 hr before start time you are off the list and then a bu is called. Sorry I didn't hang around any longer but I made the assumption I wouldn't be called (as the hunt was supposed to have already started).
ToriAnne View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToriAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 10:03am
TBH, after I saw that I didn't make the list, I kind of put it out of sight out of mind. I've signed up for a number of hunts with various groups, and this is the first one people actually didn't show up. normally no mater where I am in the reserve I show up at the take off point just in case. has always been a big waste of time. and to add on top of all of that i didn't have the TP anyways. XP Hopefully I will be more successful the next go around. until then you can find me in the sweat fields. XP
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:36pm
Alright going to try and answer some things here.

Originally posted by GreySloth GreySloth wrote:

when we finally got going, the hunt was great, excellent job Wauspaus and Stormdancer, thank you very much.

Suggestion: 
- In the 1st post for a hunt, say which TP is going to be used, and request that everyone who registers have the TP before registration closes. 
-Specify: the gathering time (at that TP); the time that backups will start to be called; the time the hunt is to commence
-calls for replacements should start 10 minutes after the appointed gathering time, imho

The initial post is going to change, its been sorted with EPhunts and it will look different with more information about that specific hunt also as mentioned before I am going to be more strict myself on the time people got to arrive and PM me for the hunt.

Originally posted by Kingy Kingy wrote:

The TP will be announced and I will open up the hunt earlier for backups to get in. No need to have 2-3 people additionally wait at the spot.

Originally posted by WARLOCK WARLOCK wrote:

I guess they'll be banned from next hunt

All I can say...... yush

Originally posted by ToriAnne ToriAnne wrote:

TBH, after I saw that I didn't make the list, I kind of put it out of sight out of mind. I've signed up for a number of hunts with various groups, and this is the first one people actually didn't show up. normally no mater where I am in the reserve I show up at the take off point just in case. has always been a big waste of time. and to add on top of all of that i didn't have the TP anyways. XP Hopefully I will be more successful the next go around. until then you can find me in the sweat fields. XP

Thing is here, I did send a friendsrequest before the hunt was suposed to be launched to you not only on the forums. I agree that if you have to stand idle somewhere for a decent amount of time hoping someone doesnt show up is a big waste of time usually. But seeing that I tried to contact you before the hunt was supposed to start and you didnt respond at all makes me a bit sad. Because seeing that you were online, you could have saved everyone a lot of time AND had some fun on the hunt if you would have just looked down into your friends requests. The TP wouldnt have been an issue since we were flying people to it who didnt have the TP.

Anyways, hope this answered some of my personal views on the hunt and how it will change in the future. The thing everyone needs to remember is that its setup for fun, at least from my side. Getting free stuff is great, but the experience is here that counts more. Being all angry with eachother because people didnt show up is understandable, but I would say, lay back and enjoy the hunt if you are in, if not then next weeks another shot. I put a lot of effort into it trying to find nice grounds to hunt on with the team, developing the hunt as we go along. Dont let it be 2 overshrouded with annoyances or anger :).

Wzzls
Waus
Talmaru View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talmaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 11:31pm
I did record this hunt,  But my computer took a poo all over the footage mostly due to my negligence.  My appologies  :S
Kingy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Talmaru Talmaru wrote:

I did record this hunt,  But my computer took a poo all over the footage mostly due to my negligence.  My appologies  :S
That's OK, don't worry about it, see you in court...
Using Chrome and clearing all browsing history, makes CrowdFlower work! PS I've got my first referral and soon all this will be mine!
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234