EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EntropiaPartners > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All about DEP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:33am
Hehe, no need to go for the worst scenario. Wink
Of course, in case of bankruptcy there is no question about what's going to happen. That's an accepted risk inherent to (practically) all investments.
But that's not what I meant:

There are other situations that can occur: "nothing is forever", and the gaming industry is a prime example of that. Interest can wane, ownership can change, or any other RL influence can have it's effect.

So in situations like that; could the base rate of the DEPs be seen as an equivalent of a TT value (like the basic value on a Pedcard)? Meaning that's the minimum rate that your investment is guaranteed for (in a non-disaster situation)?

(Because even though it is non deposited virtual currency, it is still an investment that is held here instead of withdrawing it into the game, where it eventually could be withdrawn into RL currency.)
From a 'contingency plan' point of view, it didn't strike me as such an un-relevant question. ?

Sponsored Links

BBGlobal View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBGlobal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:14am
This is why I brought up second life, if EVE or EU close down SL is still going to be chunnering around in the background somewhere, even though I sh*tposted.

Wait is that allowed here?

I know what you are saying about tangible assets, I wouldn't be asking for it back as my primary reason is to decrease spend on MU and be part of the show of support for EU, I do write-down too easily though.

Despite it's faults EU is iconic. It's moreso a shame that ND is treated like he re-mortgaged his house and lost it all (on the forums), but hey I wasn't active at that time.
Kombinacka View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kombinacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by BBGlobal BBGlobal wrote:

This is why I brought up second life, if EVE or EU close down SL is still going to be chunnering around in the background somewhere, even though I sh*tposted.

Wait is that allowed here?

I know what you are saying about tangible assets, I wouldn't be asking for it back as my primary reason is to decrease spend on MU and be part of the show of support for EU, I do write-down too easily though.

Despite it's faults EU is iconic. It's moreso a shame that ND is treated like he re-mortgaged his house and lost it all (on the forums), but hey I wasn't active at that time.

Eh... I am pretty sure that EVE has more chances to survive everything then SL....

(EU is doomed imho, I don't see that existing in few years, but hopefully I am wrong:))
Kingy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Kombinacka Kombinacka wrote:

(EU is doomed imho, I don't see that existing in few years, but hopefully I am wrong:))

What makes you say that? There's so much money tied up in it, there's always going to be new players joining, I think the futures bright for EU!
Using Chrome and clearing all browsing history, makes CrowdFlower work! PS I've got my first referral and soon all this will be mine!
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 10:58pm
Kingy new players don't keep a company alive old LOYAL depositing players do.

Look at WoW and EQ for example.  Were doing insanely good then tides shift and poof, pretty much has beens, nothing near what they once were.  Didn't take care of their customers properly if you want my opinion, especially sony.

With all the new stuff coming out and all these new games and alternative worlds, existing ones HAVE to keep their customer base enthralled, or they will lose them to something newer, something better.

When you look at the recent playability of EU, it sucks, terrible lag, I hear many complaining of disconnects and loot been really crappy for most lately except for the 'event'.   People are only going to give them a free pass on it for so long and eventually are going to get really pissed when it continues and say ### this #$#@#$  and move on.

I would like to hear kom's reasoning for why he thinks EU is doomed though.  Not refuting it, just interested in others persepectives when it comes to the survivability of EU and why.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kombinacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Kingy Kingy wrote:

What makes you say that? There's so much money tied up in it, there's always going to be new players joining, I think the futures bright for EU!

You have to wait for withdraw 50 bussiness days now, because they have not that much money. They are probably going to cancel NI and RT soon (hope that is just rumors), they stoped developing new planet and so on.

Many old loyal players (mostly traders and depositers) are leaving, because MA is focusing on adding crappy stuff as looting pill instead of repairing years old bugs...

And so on and so on....

I don't even know why I play it. 90% of time I am in  lag, which usualy cost money. I am so surprised such game can afford to have so crappy technical site... 

And I play it probably because of the chance of Jackpot and also most MMORPG (mostly "F2P") are so crappy and one same as another..
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kombinacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:30pm
I am not saying it is going to end any time soon. But I deffinetly don't think EU could live more then EVE or SL. I think EVE will be there for a veeeeery long time.. SL probably too, but EU has not such a strong player base and I always here how MA is only losing money.

In SL there is the bussiness potential that EU have, but nobody is using it. It would be great to have some big companies to own some planet (or horrible... not sure about that:D).
Kingy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:34pm
EU is the first MMORPG I've played, I was never interested in WOW or anything like that, to be honest the game playing side of it doesn't really interest me, I like the business side of it!
Using Chrome and clearing all browsing history, makes CrowdFlower work! PS I've got my first referral and soon all this will be mine!
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kombinacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Kingy Kingy wrote:

EU is the first MMORPG I've played, I was never interested in WOW or anything like that, to be honest the game playing side of it doesn't really interest me, I like the business side of it!

And exactly those who take it as a bussiness are most annoyed with it. And if most traders leave....

I am on Arkadia atm., and I did not met anyone who would buy ores or loot for almost a week of being only 10 hours a day (not last two days though:)

Which is anecdotical evidence I know. And as I said it is not that the game would be ending any time soon and I don't think this is the problem. The problems are the canceling planets and withdraws taking longer and longer....
Kingy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:44pm

The problems are the canceling planets and withdraws taking longer and longer....
I look at that a little different, from what I can gather from various articles, Mindark were expecting player boosts with each additional planet introduced and expansions in the game and that just didn't happen, the existing players just spread out meaning less money for MA.

I look at less planets as a good thing! The withdrawals taking longer though is a huge red flag from any persons perspective. It usually indicates that a company is cash poor and is looking to cheat the balance sheet.

If uber crafters leave it's got to leave a gap in the market!

Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 1:33am
and THAT is what I have seen kill MANY games, mmorpg's AND websites in the past.
Programmers love to program but they are *censored* lazy.  Creative but lazy, they will make all kinds of new stuff, buggy as hell stuff, then REFUSE to fix it, even after years of people bitching about it!!

They make new buggy stuff and leave the old buggy stuff for folks to deal with.  THIS angers a lot of folks over time, it's one of those slow simmer things that boils up over time.

Whether someone finally gets so fed up they do the /ragequit thing or they just eventually get so disgusted that they quietly go in the night, the result is the same.  People AND their money are leaving.

The old crafters leaving would be a VERY bad thing from the players standpoint but from MA's standpoint I don't see it as such.  Awesome crafters are essentially making money in the game,, hand over fist some of them.  THEY are the ones who can actually withdrawl on a regular basis w/o having to wait for an hof or whtever to do so.  They are making their money via their crafting.  Withdrawls take the mone out of the EU economy.  If the people taking the money away, go away, not too bad for the economy then eh?

Mindark is no different than any of the other computer cyber virtual places really.  Show up, make your millions and head to the hills, leave the mess to the sucker who bought it from you or inherited it whatever.   aka the AOL model.

id hate to see it go, and RT going away, YES I can see that as a very strong possibility.  The planet has been monetarily dead for a while now.  The writing is on that wall.  Shame to see it go but if they are not taking care of it, and more importantly it's people, then it's a cancer and needs to go.  Maybe they can move the servers to cut some of the lag on Ark and other useful planets.

Ok to try to get back on topic.  This is one of the reason EP is venturing out, if something does happening that one of the games takes a hard hit, by having a presence in other strong places, it won't put us out of business.

When you have companies like pepsi, nike and their type of money all over SL,  don't think its going away anytime soon really.

New places / games open up every day, who's to say in a year or so someone else doesn't open up a new virtual world that everyone goes OOOH!!! and flocks to.  We can go there as well.   The future has tons of possibilities.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
BBGlobal View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBGlobal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 8:15am
On the website: http://www.mindark.com/

in the bottom right hand corner, they are AA rated with Good Credit Worthiness, issued 9 Jan 2014, however the rating firm is only 4 months old, and the part in the bottom right is updating with "today's date" on a daily basis.

But seeing this made me speculate: http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?257409-Some-stuff-possibly-exchanging-to-crypto-currencies

When Squall doesn't want PED's it rings a bell.

Onat42 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onat42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 11:10am
hmmm now I also have a question ... 

I know usually u dont transfer money from PED => second Life or what ever .... 

would u transfer it if either SL or Entropia goes bankrupt or how would the fail strategy look like?

I mean since we have the DEP at least the DEPs could be transfered to a new account or?
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Onat42 Onat42 wrote:

hmmm now I also have a question ... 

I know usually u dont transfer money from PED => second Life or what ever .... 

would u transfer it if either SL or Entropia goes bankrupt or how would the fail strategy look like?

I mean since we have the DEP at least the DEPs could be transfered to a new account or?
That will a doom for many; especially for addicts like me. EP users actually earn EP credits. Based on your registration these credits are displayed in respective virtual currency. As of now there is no such strategy for the scenario you mentioned. Your credit are safe in our vaults. That's all I can say.
Onat42 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onat42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by TiaWatkins TiaWatkins wrote:

That will a doom for many; especially for addicts like me. EP users actually earn EP credits. Based on your registration these credits are displayed in respective virtual currency. As of now there is no such strategy for the scenario you mentioned. Your credit are safe in our vaults. That's all I can say.

so if I buy DEPs with PEDs I can only trade with others who bought it with PEDs or can I also trande with a Second Life resident?

I mean if I can trade DEPs with a second Life registered user, than it shouldnt be a problem on the long term to give DEPs from account A => B and be save that way, no matter if Entropia or 2nd Life goes bankrupt we are always save as long as the EP Vault is good.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>