EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EntropiaPartners > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All about DEP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pablokrk View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablokrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 11:44am
my next question will be rethorical
"will it be possible to trade 30k sweat for 1 AUD" 
of course i miss a lot  of sweat but fingers crossed - maybe i`ll find someone :)

now ppl on trade chat are offering one AUD for 57,6 PED
nobody on chat is offering to buy sweat :) (at least not with decent price)
im a naive dreamer :D
goal   10 000 EPCC
status     17 EPCC
Goal   100 CLD
status   0 CLD
became payment rep
Sponsored Links

Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 5:04am
Of course you can, remember you don't need ped to trade, simple something of value, when i last worked with sweat, i remember the standard 'movable' price been around 1.7 ped, give/take 0.05 ped. 

I know people are gonna say don't sell for less then 2 ped, but lets face the facts, most buyers aren't paying 2 ped per k unless theres something else happening (event, mentor or connection, ect) and if people are worried about that 30 pec, lets go back another decade and see the price of sweat use to be as high as 16ped/k, back before i even started, yet remember sweat was harder to collect and there was a more constant use (teleportation chips since there were no tps) 

you may find you'll have to trade more then 30k sweat, since most people will go by the lowest instant sell price (im assuming 1.7 ped based on my older knowledge, don't jump to conclusions) but i won't be to surprised if they ask for 35 - 40K.

I'm not going to try to and talk you out of buying AUDs as much as i'm trying to give you something else to think about. Don't take this as the way to go, but as a piece of information to be considered, not required. 

Have you thought about trading? With 60 ped, you can get an 'almost' guaranteed income of at least 1 pec per day, however if you play enough and have strong patience, you could throw that 60 ped into trading something such as the oils and hides at low levels, buying small groups of hides and oil from people at camp Icarus and then tp'ing over to twin peaks and selling it for a couple extra pec is a good way to go out profiting faster, with more work. 

While 60 ped isn't alot to trade with, if your smart, you can do a lot with it, i started trading with as little as 20 ped and had worked my way up to 100 ped before my first deposit, pick your market and stick with it. 

I started my trading in sweat (which i don't recommend at the moment unless you know you can sell it fast) when i started, sweat would sell fast at 1.9, and most buyers were willing to pay 2 ped/k, i brought sweat at 1.96 and sold it for 2 ped (1.99 if people needed some encouragement) While i only flipped 10K each time initially, i was making 30 or 40 pec a flip and i could do it 1 sometimes 2 times a day (playing lots) in the matter of a week, i could go from 20ped to 25 ped, and the cycle repeats itself, with a slightly larger bank to roll with. Growing exponentially (but slowly). Now you aren't going to be able to do this off the bat, but there is still trading opportunities to play around with.

You've got your plan to buy another AUD so i'd stick with it for now, but you could research and talk and find out about trading or anything else that you can do, and start putting a plan for that when you get your next 30K of sweat. 

"It'll be fun" they said! But now, i have no Ped :(

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:
Got : None, They took em all man, they took em all!!!

Thanks for the great site Tia!!!
pablokrk View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablokrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 6:21am
till now best deals on sweat i had
bought 2k per 1.6/k - sold for 4PED - 0.8 income (lucky me)
gathered 3k sweat - sold for 10 PED - (very generous guy - he said he appreciate the effort, and he wanted to support noobs)
regarding above - market looks promising - however it is luck based :) cannot rely on it in the long run

i`m not playing a lot - 30 min every second day (i have a son of 5 months - so EU is a distraction and relaxation method) also i`m not playing for the thrill of hunt or mining,

AUD was a choice - just because it is a passive income (an affordable one) even if ROI compared to CLD is lower, also i believe im stuck in Entropia for long - so deeds seems like a resonable choice

at the begining i did invested and bought 300 PED - bought 5 AUD already 
current capital is ~40 PED and hunting loot worth aprox 10 PED

indeed, your idea of focusing on one market sounds really promising 
after i will finish my sweat gathering (for skills as well) i`ll try buying hides or oils
TT price of 1k hide is 10 PED, TT price of eye oil is 50PED, Muscle oil 30 PED

so i think i will focus on muscle oil, 
do you think it is worth to refine hides to leather ?

goal   10 000 EPCC
status     17 EPCC
Goal   100 CLD
status   0 CLD
became payment rep
Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 10:53am
Good trade on the sweat! Every little bit extra helps!!!
If you can keep getting those deals you'll be in a better position quicker.

For your 30mins playtime, i suggest you keep to your AUDs then, since trading is time consuming and to get those trades often you will have to stand around copy pasting those 1 or 2 lines to get someone to see it. Not a good way to spend your little time, as it feels more like a chore and you will leave, as i have had 3 separate breaks and are still in my current break. 

Dw about sticking with AUDs even with their lower ROI, people with a lot of ped often overlook the cheap and availability of AUDs, they were never going to compete with CLDs and with that in mind, they were made to be cheaper and more available for the newer players, as owning several AUDs for passive income is a strong form of financial security for many new members. 

You should always focus on one market, but i like to experiment, test things out and learn, so that even if i don't do it all the time, i understand what happens and can help others who might like that part. If you don't enjoy hunting or mining then don't, there is plenty of other professions that are far less obvious. 

If you do wish to trade oils, i recommend heading over to twins and looking for some of the full time traders, they normally advertise a site they keep up, i haven't got any links as i'm on a new pc (old one died) and the game hasn't reinstalled, but they give you a good bar line to purchase at. Do adjust your prices at little bit though, as they people are as cheap as they come so they can get large quantities and sell on auction house. 

Don't forget that you'll be working with alot of MU, for your stackable loots, it will be % based, but you might come across direct MU (MU% and MU+ are your quick differences) i highly recommend a calculator that preforms basic and moderate mathematical sums quickly, and is easy for you to use, faster you are in trades, the happier the buyer / seller is and more likely they will trade with you again if they run into you. 

Start with Muscle Oil, but generally players will also want to sell their eye oil and hide they would get along with it (its been 7/8 months alright leave me alone :P ) you can work this in with getting a slightly lower eye and hide % if your smart, since i know eye oil tends to sell slower, but with its already low % its hard to buy cheaper. Again, look at the auction house and the pages of other trades, these are great indicators and should be heavily considered in your choices. Don't rush it, that is when unnecessary loss occurs.

I'd stay away from refining, as generally you won't be able to sell the refined stuff for an equal price as you would pay for the basic resource and to refine it, the tt refiner does 0.031PEC per individual item refined ( 1k ingots would cost 0.31PED to refine.) So theres that cost to include into final product, and most people can do it for cheaper having a higher level refiner.
For example, i had the 'Imperial Resource Refiner B1' which refines at 0.022PEC (saving 0.009 per item which means i can sell for 9 pec cheaper per K and still make the same profit) 

http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=MiscTool&id=136 if your intrested, there pretty cheap, think i got mine for around 4+ (10Ped total) and was pretty useful when i was trying mining out, and also when i made and traded Mind Essence and Nutri Bars. 

While you do need really large volumes to notice the difference, (been a major trader/refiner or hunter/miner/crafter yourself) but if you do wish to go down these types of trade, its well worth picking up early as the savings can quickly add up. (that saved 0.09Ped per K refined would payoff my Buy price, 10ped, in 112K crafts, while i didn't refine that quickly for that to kick in, properly only like 12K so far before my break, it is something that is extra once you covered the upfront cost. 

But thats also were you make your small wins, keep an eye out for every one of them.

Oh and good luck with your son, you'll need it when they get a little older ;)

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:

pablokrk View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablokrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:17pm
my trading looks like this
TP to Twin, ask if somebody would like to buy sweat, wait a moment, TP PA, TP OLA,TP Royal, TP somwhere else, repeat - than i`m present in multiple locations in "same time"

for buying part - where do noobs hunt ?
i know Icarus, swamp camp - close to PA (no TP there)
somewhere else?

and about my son:
i`ve heard that first 20 years are most challenging after that it gets better
however we menaged to teach him how to get to sleep on his own - congrats to us :)
goal   10 000 EPCC
status     17 EPCC
Goal   100 CLD
status   0 CLD
became payment rep
Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 8:11pm
Camp icarus would be your prime spot, but you could also try Boarus (spelt that wrong) as the sweat groups often kill when there mob is dry and a few hunt groups hamg around here.

As for the moving around part, i did it aswepl when trading was slow, but over 90% trades were at twins, and that downtime does add up quickly, just as it takes you a moment to post, it takes a potential buyer just a moment to type buying 15k sweat 1.8/k or equivolent, and you just as easily miss your chance.

Thats just my experiences a year ago, yours could be very different.

Sounds like your going well with your kid, keep up the good work

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:

Russiafreak233 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russiafreak233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:12pm
A trick when you TP-jump to sell sweat, is to ask people to PM an offer, that way you usually don't miss the messages Barnesey talks about. I know you probably already do it, but thought I might say it anyway, just in case. Good luck to you either way! :)
Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 3:57am
I actually just list the selling / buy price, since people will always message with offers that favor them heavily and it does get annoying fast to get 10 messages and there all asking for a loss price point. I still tag the pm with an offer at the end in case some people are willing to do double trades.

But you do make more friends talking with people who do message you, so its not a complete negative to trade this way.  

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:

Russiafreak233 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russiafreak233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 9:07am
Indeed, good contacts can be more valuable than most other things in my experience! :)
GabrielAndreasS View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielAndreasS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 12:57am
Hi,

I ordered a DEP for 75.75 PED around June 18.  It was given to me, but I was never charged.  I waited a few days to see if EP would take the funds, but they never have.  Was there a glitch?  I'm still getting paid from the new DEP, but I'd like to make the payment as well.  Thanks.
Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:33am
Funds should have be taken out when you put up the order, not when the order was filled, It should show up in your Transaction history tho.

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:

DMWARean View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMWARean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:28pm
Same for me! It is charged, when the order is filled, but balance goes up at next transaction.
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by GabrielAndreasS GabrielAndreasS wrote:

Hi,

I ordered a DEP for 75.75 PED around June 18.  It was given to me, but I was never charged.  I waited a few days to see if EP would take the funds, but they never have.  Was there a glitch?  I'm still getting paid from the new DEP, but I'd like to make the payment as well.  Thanks.

Bug in the system. I am travelling. Will fix on 26th.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920