Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EU 14.4 changes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 11:47pm
It seems to me they are saying yah, we know we F343ed up this patch just like we did the other one, but you will have to wait until the 17th for us to fix it.  ...  About the same amount of time it took them to fix the last batch of screw ups they did with the last patch.

On RT, maybe I missed it the first time but it appears the area by the teleport City of Dreams where you first land, changed a bit and theres a shop there now.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
carrieann View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Good Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 2:00am
Loot was awful today and I was solo hunting.
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Sluggo Sluggo wrote:

On RT, maybe I missed it the first time but it appears the area by the teleport City of Dreams where you first land, changed a bit and theres a shop there now.

RT has had a lot of changes, but I haven't been able to get ingame, let alone check RT out.
So I don't know if what you mentioned are features or bugs.

Also the bad teamloot has not been addressed in any way, so it's unclear if that is a bug, or just another nerf. I haven't found anyone else mention it for solo hunt though.
Except that with the new crit settings, some mobs seem to hit a lot harder than they used to, even with the new crit. So maybe that has made your loot lower than normal?

And the Arkadia Instances still have the Yarrijaks and the Male & Female Magurg invisible. 
The following message has been posted:

Bertha Bot 
Aakas instances closed

Aakas instances will be disabled later today due to an issue with invisible mobs (Magurg male / Yarrijak).</br>
Please do not attempt to run any Aakas instances until further notice. </br> 

Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 11:26pm
I hunted solo in RT a bit yesterday, the loot seemed a bit nerfed.  Even when you get a 'ding ding ding' loot where like 5 or 6 items roll in, the amounts of them seem .. subdued... from what normally comes in when you hit that.

Then again,  loot has been terrible on RT for months now so why should I expect it to get better really?

sluggo.
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Anarchist View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 5:15am
LBML was updated today which fixed all issues related to this patch
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Anarchist Anarchist wrote:

LBML was updated today which fixed all issues related to this patch
Nice, that was fast. 
Thanks for the heads up. Thumbs Up
GreySloth View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreySloth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 3:53pm
The Broodmother instance in Half Moon Bay changed with this VU.  This change makes it possible to sweat 500/hour with 60 seconds of activity every 11 minutes (approximately). 

The instance now appears to reset each time you exit and be 'single avatar'.  It is a short tight tunnel, followed by a fairly small cavern where the broodmother sits. there is one hatchling in the tunnel, and 3 hatchlings in the cavern with their mom.  You have to kill the hatchling in the tunnel because you agro it getting to the cavern, but you can sweat the broodmother without agroing the other 3 hatchlings.

I take longer than an 11 minute cycle, because I swunt the tunnel hatchling (to take a few hits for defensive skills), but the cycle goes as follows:

-enter instance, proceed down tunnel
-kill tunnel hatchling
-advance to end of tunnel, stop
-target and start sweating broodmother (90 sweat)
-do CF tasks/read book/participate in EP forum ..... for 10 minutes or until broodmother dry
-run back up tunnel to exit instance
-repeat

I expect this will cause a flood of sweat on the market, more than enough to offset the demand caused by the new BPs....

Edited by GreySloth - 12 Dec 2013 at 3:53pm
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 5:22pm
That's kinda weird: they changed it in a solo instance to stop the AFK sweating, and now it's even easier to sweat?Confused

The only difference I can see, is that it became harder for the real starter to finish the mission to kill the Broodmother, because now they have to kill her themselves?

Or am I misunderstanding how it's working?
Though it's nice for everyone who wants to AFK sweat; if it raises the influx of sweat, we are back to were we started...
GreySloth View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreySloth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 5:55pm
I suspect they made the task 'single avatar' because sweat group mob killers were interfering with noobs trying to complete the mission.  Having made the decision to go single avatar, they then probably had to 'shrink' the instance size/complexity so they could run more instances with the same hardware.

With the amount of ammo they supply, and the mob immobile, noobs don't need any 'help' killing the broodmother.
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 6:26pm
Ah ok then, thanks. Smile

The only time I was there an orange suit asked me to help kill the Broodmother for him, because he couldn't. So I thought it was too hard to do alone. 

MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 12:24pm
Updated the OP with 14.4.1.
Also a long awaited addition on Calypso: Melee Amps!

Oh, and a warning: the Maffoid Heads are now TT-able, but, they still don't give you the peds they are worth. So be carerful if you want to dump them in TT.

Planet calypso content release 2013.4.1

2013-12-17
  • Melee Amps are now available at the Combat Token Trader.
  • Armor Plates are now available at the Combat Token Trader.
Fixes
  • Maffoid Heads are now tradable.
Known Issues
  • It is still not possible to manage the Vermillion Fields land grab area.
jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by MayBe MayBe wrote:

Oh, and a warning: the Maffoid Heads are now TT-able, but, they still don't give you the peds they are worth. So be carerful if you want to dump them in TT.

They actually DO give you peds, it just doesnt show it in the TT window.  It DOES show it in the sell items confirmation box, however, and the peds DO show up on your card

personally tested.
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 11:10pm
This is an Arkadia fix but they fixed the invisible mobs issue it seems too.  Gallards are once again visible. Nothing like getting your toes pecked at and you couldn't shoot at them. Big smile

sluggo
Anarchist View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 4:25am
And the Arkadia instances are back online. Also Chris from Arkadia announced in the quarry today that the melee amps are compatible with all the Arkadia melee weapons.

Edited by Anarchist - 19 Dec 2013 at 5:06am
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by jqkill jqkill wrote:

They actually DO give you peds, it just doesnt show it in the TT window.  It DOES show it in the sell items confirmation box, however, and the peds DO show up on your card

personally tested.
You are absolutely right: I canceled the sale as soon I saw no peds in the TT window. And didn't test further. I'm getting a little too used to things being bugged I guess.
Thanks for the correction.

Originally posted by Sluggo Sluggo wrote:

This is an Arkadia fix but they fixed the invisible mobs issue it seems too.  Gallards are once again visible. Nothing like getting your toes pecked at and you couldn't shoot at them. Big smile
Originally posted by Anarchist Anarchist wrote:

And the Arkadia instances are back online. Also Chris from Arkadia announced in the quarry today that the melee amps are compatible with all the Arkadia melee weapons.
I did mention those points in the edited OP. But I neglected to repeat them in the latest post. So you are both correct too. 
And thanks for adding the Amp confirmation, I hadn't added that information yet.

Unfortunately I seem to have lost some pleasure in reading this forum of late. So the drive to write has gone done simultaneously. I know that's no excuse, but it's the reason.

At least I will keep this thread updated, because it might be useful for some to have all updated information in one, instead of having to search several forums for it.

Creature Corpses Info

Creature Corpses Info

The changes to creature corpses implemented in VU 14.4 was intended to add a bit more interest to hunting, and allow participants the opportunity to take screenshots of defeated creatures, something that has been requested quite often in support cases, especially for bosses and large shared-loot creatures.
Unfortunately, the original changes that were implemented in VU 14.4 disrupted the hunting experience for many participants and resulted in quite a lot of feedback from participants via our support channels and on various community forums. MindArk responded to that feedback and quickly implemented some adjustments in the patches following VU 14.4, which addressed many of the most common issues reported.
MindArk plans to continue responding to participant feedback and further refine the creature corpse system. Some of the changes already planned for the first update after the new year include:
  • Looted corpses will only remain visible until the death animation sequence is completed.
  • Improving the animation (sparkles) that indicate that a creature has not yet been looted, which scales better for various sized creatures, and which is visible even in dense vegetation.
  • Improving the loot animation sequence, including better scaling.

We thank you for the valuable feedback, and for your patience while we continue to improve the Entropia Universe user experience.

Entropia Universe 14.4.2 Release Notes

• Auto-loot pills are now available in trade terminals. These pills will enable you to loot creatures automatically within a certain radius for a set amount of time and the effect will persist after you log out. Auto-loot pills have a minimum skill requirement of five in paramedic and are considered luxury items.
  • Wave spawn events will now reset without restart delay time if the first wave is not completed and/or the area is clear of players.   

Statistics of the auto-loot pills:
1 pill = 0.50 ped, duration =  3600 sec and auto loots in 20 meters radius.
They are not lootable, and at the moment you are NOT able to trade them back to TT.
Edit: this was confirmed by support. "The pills are non-tradable and this is the intended behavior."
So no idea if they are correct or not, we'll see if it gets changed.

I haven't been able to find any confirmation if the pill also works on avatars in PVP, but  I would guess that is the case. Anyone already has experienced this?

Personally I think it's useful for high rollers in things like Mayhems, but the trend itself is a bit concerning. Like the nanobots, it's basically nerfing/changing something, after which a paid solution is offered. Is this the future?

Also on Arkadia you will receive one or two new maps in your tools inventory.
Chris from Ark has confirmed that these have been released too soon by accident, and they will be used for a future 'something'. What and when that is  remains a surprise.
Everyone on Ark will receive a 1A map, and some people will receive an additional 2A or 3A map. The requirements for this is not really confirmed.

And this Christmas Santa visits Arkadia: upon log in you will receive Christmas gifts in your inventory. A  Christmas Nusul Plushie and a Snowman. Both can only be placed, and not equipped.
The red Nusul looks cute. Smile

Edited by MayBe - 19 Dec 2013 at 11:41pm
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>