Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EU 14.4 changes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 11:16pm
Thank you for making the efforts to keep us updated MayBe.

I like shooting the snowmen when they are placed, some pretty funny effects when you do.  I heard that all the ped from ammo / decay that is expended on shooting them will go towards an arkadia christmas party.  That should be interesting.

Keep up the good work on the updates, we do appreciate it.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Anarchist View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 5:50am
Originally posted by MayBe MayBe wrote:

And this Christmas Santa visits Arkadia: upon log in you will receive Christmas gifts in your inventory. A  Christmas Nusul Plushie and a Snowman. Both can only be placed, and not equipped.

Are there any specific requirements to get these?
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 12:19pm
The Christmas presents are given upon logging in / arriving on Arkadia.
What the specific requirements are I don't know. Most people seem to get the Red Nusul for sure, and some get the Snowman on top of that. 
So whether that has to do with the amount deposited or skill level or something else, I can't confirm yet. I don't think Christmas presents have ever been given before on Arkadia, so I can't find a precedent to look at.
(If I find out a confirmed set of requirements I'll post them here.)

If we look at Calypso, their requirements last year were:
One Gift: Participant has created an avatar before the update.
Two Gifts: The participant has made at least one successful registered deposit.
Three Gifts: The participant has deposited at least 10,000 PED or is the registered owner of an estate.

Calypso Christmas gifts started yesterday:
- Tethys Creek Mulled Wine  (wine is 30% metabolic accel 3600s) 
- Julklapp 2013
- Chomper Rug

So inter planetary travel between Calypso / Arkadia should net you two gifts at the minimum. Wink

jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:29pm
1 gift: ava born before gifts were given
2 gifts: single successful deposit
3 gifts: total deposit amount greater than 10kped OR owning an estate deed

edit: im tired, and didnt read the above text in italics Tongue oh well duplicates

Edited by jqkill - 20 Dec 2013 at 2:30pm
Anarchist View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 5:07pm
Was just wondering because I didn't get anything. Haven't tried going to caly to see if I get anything there though.
jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 5:14pm
wierd. socmate born on caly got the ark gifts yesterday..
MayBe View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 7:42pm
I haven't heard from anyone that they weren't receiving anything at all.
Sure, I also only received the Nusul and not the Snowman, but getting nothing seems more like a mistake. Ouch
Have you tried to log in again? If that doesn't work, you might want to write to support. Because there are plenty of people born on other planets that still receive Christmas presents on Arkadia.

On a different subject, MA inadvertently confirmed that support answers cannot always been taken for granted. The 'intended behavior' turned out to be a bug after all.

" Post Update regarding the new Loot Collection Pill

We are currently working on a fix for the newly introduced Loot Collection Pill. At the current time you can not sell the pill back to the Trade Terminal, but this will be fixed in the next patch. Please note that the pill will still not be tradable via Auction, but exchanging them via PvP trade will be possible."
jqkill View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
CF Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jqkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by MayBe MayBe wrote:

but exchanging them via PvP trade will be possible."

Now I am just wondering, and we ofc will find out soon enough, if this means they will be lootable in pvp, since they are in materials categoy
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 10:54pm
If they are lootable then why not just be able to trade them with each other?  Hmm seems there is going to be some code buggering going on here before they get this one right I bet....

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123