EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EntropiaPartners > Ask a Question
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The dance ball at Gildaria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhnat0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The dance ball at Gildaria
    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 11:18pm
The yellow dance ball at Gildaria is frequently not working lately. I know it isn't lag that's causing it because everything is rez'd fine and moving well. But lots of people (myself included) ask in the local chat "I can't dance", "I click the ball and nothing happens", "How do I dance", etc.

I always try to relog when such happens, or I try later and forget to go back. LOL  Most of the time the waiting works, but I don't want to do that all the time. I want to dance whenever I want to. Whether I'm missing something or the ball is glitchy, I'd sure be happy to know about.
Sponsored Links

ikhnat0n View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhnat0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 6:48pm
???
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 8:32pm
The ball can handle only a certain number of avatars at a time. This is the most likely cause.
ikhnat0n View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhnat0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:02pm
Thing is, it wasn't like that before. The dancers are the usual names I see there everyday.
Now one has to wait long minutes before the ball works. It wasn't like that before.
ikhnat0n View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhnat0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 7:43am
A regular at Gildaria gave a suggestion. Let me share our local chat convo (while everyone was AFK LOL ). I withhold the person's name, of course.

RESIDENT :   sigh... once again i cannot dance because of alts
ME :  lots of them, huh
RESIDENT :   seems like it. 4 new people, 3 less than 3 days old, probably alts
ME :  it slows down the dance ball... have to wait 7-10 mins before it can work
RESIDENT :   oh really?
ME :   yup
RESIDENT :   thought there was a 30 person limit to it, tho there are 34 people here including me
ME :   thing is, the ball used to work before, even if we're many
RESIDENT :   ik ... its because people are mining for money. I will let Nuncee know the dance ball is slowing down
ME :   i've posted the question in the entropia forum. Tia said the ball could only handle a certain number of people
RESIDENT :   maybe its because there are a lot of people with a lot of scripts and such, lagging it
ME :   i agree with you, i suspect the lag causes the ball glitch
RESIDENT :   and because people get greedy and make alts...  that contributes
ME :   true that :(
RESIDENT :   i cant wait any longer. if it doesnt work within 2 minutes for me im outta here. 
i think Tia shold get a  Exclamation VOODOO SECURITY Exclamation   it will fix the alt problem. teach people not to get greedy

Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 5:06pm
Devices like VOODOO will not solve the issue. I am doing security at our end which will prevent this.

It's a new place. Still testing various aspects. Give it some time.
ikhnat0n View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhnat0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:08am
Time, eh? Yup, I give it 1-2 hours of me everyday just standing there unable to dance.
Might as well give it more time as in stop going there, so that more and more alts would earn.
Seems the ball works nice and easy for them anyways, no disrespect. I'm out till it works (I hope).
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ikhnat0n ikhnat0n wrote:

Time, eh? Yup, I give it 1-2 hours of me everyday just standing there unable to dance.
Might as well give it more time as in stop going there, so that more and more alts would earn.
Seems the ball works nice and easy for them anyways, no disrespect. I'm out till it works (I hope).
Thanks for your time. As I have said numerous time is past, if you don't like it, don't do it. No one is forcing you.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply