EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flying vehicles comparison

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Talmaru View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Talmaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flying vehicles comparison
    Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 8:23pm

Wrote this up earlier today figured I'd share it with you guys and gals.

My conclusion here is the most eco way to fly in the atmosphere is using the Sleipnir mk1.
The Gungnir is great for flying your friends around.
The Quadwing is one of the fastest air vehicles but also has the largest fuel consumption.
The Dragonfly is very small compared to the others which makes it easier to spawn it also has more acceleration / SI / Armor then the Sleipnir mk1.  This comes at the cost of increased fuel use and lower top speed.
The Lancer is very small and nimble and has most of the same stats as the Dragonfly.  The main difference is that the Lancer only seats 1 person, and does not carry nearly as much weight/items.  Also the Lancer is much harder to drop and spawn compared to the Dragonfly as it has a much larger "footprint".
SirWhizer View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirWhizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 8:29pm
Ty Tal, very useful. i agree that sleip is the more eco but if MA can solve the quad wing speed problem, i think it will be better. But it takes so long for them to correct problems ingame :P
blitzer View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 12:25am
Ty Tal, your the greatest! I use my sleip for space travel until I can get a quad.
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 12:46am
good post there.   How does the sleip do for space travel?  or should we stick with a quad?

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
Talmaru View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talmaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 1:08am
I have not tested this but I believe the slepnir is .33 AU / minute.

33 min Calypso - Cyrene
66 min Caly - Ark
47 min Caly - RT

Assuming .33 au/min

The bigger problem with the Slepnir in space is you are a big pinata for any pirates in the area.
Even if you have a passenger and weapons for both slots the Quad has more armor/SI/range/DPS and a much smaller profile "makes it harder to shoot at".  So you stand little to no chance in a firefight.
Sluggo View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 10:22am
ahh, got ya.   I don't carry loot anyways and generally get popped once or twice when I make the trip,  let them waste the few ped on me for naught.

sluggo
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everyone is an impossible task. Making them mad now, is a piece of cake :)
blitzer View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 4:06pm
i may just fly back to Cyrene and pick up more vehicles soon...depending on the bps i get for the vehicles there.
Wauspaus View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wauspaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Talmaru Talmaru wrote:

The bigger problem with the Slepnir in space is you are a big pinata for any pirates in the area.

Might as well assist in the necro here....
Now imagine it being orange..... :D
BBGlobal View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBGlobal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 11:06pm
Don't forget that you pay MU on the unusable condition too! if you are going for quad wing, go full TT.

Sleipnir purchases are generally doing the market a favour. They are sooo slow in space though, whenever I fly to a different pp via space in sleipnir I'm either carrying 187 Dung or fragments, and I'm ALWAYS afk on bookmark-align
 Post Reply Post Reply