Forum Home Forum Home > EntropiaPartners > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crypto Currency Mining

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crypto Currency Mining
    Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:00am
Hello,

We have just enabled a crypto miner on the website which pays in your game currency. No need to download or install anything. There was a discussion about this few months back and we have decided to give it a try. So if you have running and idle devices, you can use that idle time to mint some PED or linden dollars for your game play.

You must consider your device power and usage before running this miner. Of'course you can try setting a slow speed and see how the device responds. I am using 3 different PCs to test. The best one is giving 50 plus hash / second while I play Entropia Universe. Other 2 computers are 4 and 7 years old and are hashing at 35 to 18 hash per second. I guess I have managed to make more than a PED (or 25L$) while I slept. Need to verify that.

Well. Let we know how does it work for you.

PS: Ad blockers DON'T like mining scripts.

Wink
Sponsored Links

kaily View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:54am
Hi Im just curious as to how you calculate how much it actually pays? Do you pay by total count? Ive been running it for a while and seeing Im mining cryptocurrency for you guys...I still havent made a single PED or even PEC.
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by kaily kaily wrote:

Hi Im just curious as to how you calculate how much it actually pays? Do you pay by total count? Ive been running it for a while and seeing Im mining cryptocurrency for you guys...I still havent made a single PED or even PEC.
Theoretically the actual rate keeps changing all the time depending on the difficulty of the algorithm and market price of the coin. We are using a "fixed" rate after averaging out past 4 weeks' data. Here are the actual figures to help you understand.

(1) The pool pays 0.0000479 XMR for every million hashes. That is equivalent to $0.0042 at current exchange rate. This is what EP is making at the time of writing this message.

(2) EP is paying $0.0028 for every million hashes you mine. So right now it is 67% of what EP is making.

Now here is the thing in your favor. EP is earning crypto and not real cash while you are being paid in real cash (PED or L$). Statement (2) is committed (no gamble) while statement (1) is always uncertain (gamble). Further, statement (1) does not include exchange fee (1-2%) and federal/state taxes (~35%).

As individuals, it will take months (years?) of mining to reach a state where one can sell the mined coins to get real cash. As a team you don't have to worry about that or market conditions. Payments are real and micro in nature. As soon as you hit $0.001, you get paid. I hope I was able to answer your question.

This feature is intended to encash your idle computing power as I have stated multiple times. For example I have 3 PC running 24/7. A lot of idle time there.
mzzaa View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
EP Rep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 8:08am
Very nice idea. I hope it works and i wish we were able to use GPUs aswell xD
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by mzzaa mzzaa wrote:

Very nice idea. I hope it works and i wish we were able to use GPUs aswell xD
Browser don't have direct access to GPUs. Can be achieved via WebGL etc but not a feasible option.
endermigne View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endermigne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:30pm
Do I have to be logged in in entropiapartners.com in the same browser while the miner is running? I had the slwinners.com-URL running all night and day in my office and looked at the transaction history a few minutes ago and there were no additional PECs. Then I started it as a widget and soon thereafter got just 4 PECs.

With the other miner from the CPA offers I get the 4 PECs like five times per day.

Or whatelse am I doing wrong here?
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:18am
Originally posted by endermigne endermigne wrote:

Do I have to be logged in in entropiapartners.com in the same browser while the miner is running? I had the slwinners.com-URL running all night and day in my office and looked at the transaction history a few minutes ago and there were no additional PECs. Then I started it as a widget and soon thereafter got just 4 PECs.

With the other miner from the CPA offers I get the 4 PECs like five times per day.

Or whatelse am I doing wrong here?
No you don't have to be logged in. As you already figured, to encash your total hash, simply expand the miner when logged in.

Our miner is paying you almost everything it is generating. We planned to keep a commission but it is not happening because of the drop in prices. This data is public so there is nothing to hide. As for other miners on certain services (I am aware just one who pay like $0.001 for 100k hashes), they are running it in loss and are planning to shut it. You can confirm it with them.

Mining does not generate much even as a team. I am happy to keep it running if it keeps some users engaged. Same is the case with the other guys.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply