EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EntropiaPartners > General Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daily Raffle Winner Query
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Daily Raffle Winner Query

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daily Raffle Winner Query
    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:53pm
So, I recently noticed that the same guy somehow won the daily raffle two days in a row.  Since i listen to the radio all day while at work and the highest percentage of possibility to win has been around 1%, obviously I assumed there would be an issue.  

I contacted support about this issue and haven't heard a word back.  However, i just noticed that someone with either the exact or eerily similar name just won the daily again (i forgot the originals full name so I can't tell, but the last name is very familiar).  

So my question for the community is whether or not unique users actually win the daily raffle, or is it an assortment of bots, alts, etc from other another user or the entropiapartners itself.  

I'm also curious if anyone else noticed this.  
Back to Top
Sponsored Links
loading...


Back to Top
Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Points: 226
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 3:16am
My maths teacher in high school always used to say the only thing he hated in maths was probability, because even if you were 99% sure to get a certain result, there's still 1% chance that you wouldn't get that outcome, and that goes against the accurate nature that math is built on. 

Since the raffle is random, you only have a chance to win and if someone is really lucky, they only need 1 ticket to win each day/week. Tho it does help if you can earn a lot more of course. Since your able to listen to the radio all day and earn that 1%, that's about the best odds you can get, but there would be quite a few people who are doing the same, if your able to get a 1% ish chance with 96 tickets, id estimate there's about 70 odd people who have the radio on non-stop and that means those names should pop up semi-regularly considering the frequency of the draws. 30 ish daily's and 9/12 weekly's each month. 

I had a look at the leader bored today and im not seeing any repeats atm, so id say the raffle is working well, but i don't have any older information either, if there is a clear issue, im sure you have evidence to let us see whats happened.

Im not sure if you seen the other radio complaints forum, but Tia posted some of her code there and it is pulling the tickets at random, and hasn't come up with any errors so far, so the issue just seems to be in our luck. 

But in the mean time, i wouldn't be contacting Tia and complaining about the current raffle ticket system, Of the 3 systems of earning raffle tickets, this is by far the fairest system, as both the Digging game and Sleggo were botted, to varying degrees, and this is just straight up leave the radio on. 
I would also dismiss the notion of EP botting its own site radio, the combine giving of a raffle in a month is around 400ped, $40 is nothing compared to what users earn on this site in the same time frame. Tia's not the kinda person to do that.

If it makes you feel any better, i've being here for 4 years and have earned tickets across the digging game, sleggo and the radio. Im pretty sure i've never won any of the raffles.

"It'll be fun" they said! But now, i have no Ped :(

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:
Got : None, They took em all man, they took em all!!!

Thanks for the great site Tia!!!
Back to Top
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Avatar
Grand Master

Joined: 19 Aug 2013
Location: EU-SL-EVE
Points: 3022
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by kelric6 kelric6 wrote:

So, I recently noticed that the same guy somehow won the daily raffle two days in a row.  Since i listen to the radio all day while at work and the highest percentage of possibility to win has been around 1%, obviously I assumed there would be an issue.  

I contacted support about this issue and haven't heard a word back.  However, i just noticed that someone with either the exact or eerily similar name just won the daily again (i forgot the originals full name so I can't tell, but the last name is very familiar).  

So my question for the community is whether or not unique users actually win the daily raffle, or is it an assortment of bots, alts, etc from other another user or the entropiapartners itself.  

I'm also curious if anyone else noticed this.  
Most likely it is EP itself. Trying to save $50 or so. That makes perfect sense when EP member are earning in many thousands every month and those $50 or so have to come from someone's pocket (That would be me). Sorry to say it buddy but no free lunches here!! Please save your bandwidth. This rigged raffle is not worth.
Back to Top
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:49pm
Lmao, after reading the first reply, I was feeling confident that the first duplicate must have been a bug and that EP would resolve it, and that the name I saw must have been a different account, just similar.  But since it referred to Tia, and then Tia responded with the really pessimistic response....well, makes me wonder about whether the raffle system really is rigged.  

I don't necessarily always listen to the radio for the raffle tickets, but it is a disappointment if that system is rigged, because if that is rigged, what else is rigged? 

Thanks for the replies!
Back to Top
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:53pm
Though unrelated to the question.  I noticed something else today just now.  When I try to open the radio it takes me to a blank screen with some type of symbol (with a plate , silverware and X symbol) on it.  Would any of you know what this is, or should I create a new topic for this?
Back to Top
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Avatar
Grand Master

Joined: 19 Aug 2013
Location: EU-SL-EVE
Points: 3022
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by kelric6 kelric6 wrote:

Though unrelated to the question.  I noticed something else today just now.  When I try to open the radio it takes me to a blank screen with some type of symbol (with a plate , silverware and X symbol) on it.  Would any of you know what this is, or should I create a new topic for this?

This symbol stands for tinstaafl.



There is a better one. 11 lucky people have achieved that level in 6 years.
Back to Top
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:21pm
I learned something new about "tinstaafl", but did you do this on purpose just to mess with me? 

So i called you out on unethical behavior (apparently since I just assumed it was a player with alternate accounts somehow cheating the system) and you decide to mess with my account because of that?

I checked the user agreement and I didn't see anything that you did which breaks it, but that is still unethical and just plain bad business.  Why cheat your users, publicize it, and then mock them?  Wouldn't it have just made more sense to have just said "we'll look into it" and that is it?

Also, its not "free lunch" as you put it.  I, as have other users, followed the rules and regulations that you created.  By following the rules, and by listening to the radio for set times, we get a reward as dictated by EP.  Free lunch is like a giveaway where all you do is sign up and you can expect something for giving nothing.  In this case, everyone who won raffle tickets DID do something in return for those raffle tickets. 


Back to Top
Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Points: 226
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 2:07am
You are a baby complaining about not getting his free lunch on the internet, then complaining about being treated like a baby.

If you don't like the site, why don't you go make your own site and do it better? 
"It'll be fun" they said! But now, i have no Ped :(

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:
Got : None, They took em all man, they took em all!!!

Thanks for the great site Tia!!!
Back to Top
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 3:08am
1) I never said I didn't like the site. 

2) If you work for something, its not free lunch.  This isn't a giveaway site.  You do work and get paid for it.  If you don't have an issue about being lied to, fine.  But I think its unethical and I don't see why its wrong of me to voice that. 

At this point, I doesn't seem like Tia cares so I doubt anything will come of it.  But please don't insult me because I dared to express my feelings.  I'm not insulting anyone else, so why insult me??  Its just nasty.
Back to Top
Barnesy View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Points: 226
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:17am
Tia does care, just not about over-entitled people like yourself.

And as someone who works in retail, making fun of babies is a very enjoyable hobby of mine.
"It'll be fun" they said! But now, i have no Ped :(

EP goals:
Have lots of EPCC:
Got : None, They took em all man, they took em all!!!

Thanks for the great site Tia!!!
Back to Top
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Avatar
Grand Master

Joined: 19 Aug 2013
Location: EU-SL-EVE
Points: 3022
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:49am
Originally posted by kelric6 kelric6 wrote:

1)At this point, I doesn't seem like Tia cares so I doubt anything will come of it.  But please don't insult me because I dared to express my feelings.  I'm not insulting anyone else, so why insult me??  Its just nasty.
There is no insult. I care so I helped. Lets go back to your original post.

Originally posted by kelric6 kelric6 wrote:

So my question for the community is whether or not unique users actually win the daily raffle, or is it an assortment of bots, alts, etc from other another user or the entropiapartners itself.
This is a direct insult. Not just to EP but to this community.


Originally posted by kelric6 kelric6 wrote:

If you work for something, its not free lunch. This isn't a giveaway site. You do work and get paid for it.
Yep. This is not a giveaway site. You work and you get paid. No one is stopping you and the community helps you in all possible ways. Raffle on the other hand is free-lunch. No one is forcing you to push that button. Don't do that if you don't like it. You see how I helped you!!


We had these raffles since 2013. Had to stop them for a year or so because half a dozen or so whiners were always crying. I changed the strategy now. Raffle will stay, whiners will go. No tickets == no whining!!
Back to Top
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:27am
When i referred to being insulted, I wasn't talking about you Tia.  I'm sorry for not making that clear.  I was talking to Barnesy because he called me names. 

As for my question, how is that at all insulting?  Considering what I saw, and since I'm new, I wanted to know whether this was an actually legitimate site or not.  Considering the massive amount of sites online that offer points for games ,etc, I felt like it was a very good question.  If you were insulted by it, that was a pure overreaction because, at the end of the day, it was just a question. 

Raffle requires you to listen to radio.  How is that free lunch?  I dunno if you get paid for users to do that, or how exactly that works, but you require users to do something they normally would not be doing.  Maybe you get no money from it and its just something you do, but whether its free lunch or not, you also can't lie to people.  If you consider "whining" to be people complaining about being lied to, then you are lucky this is a website and not real world business.  In a real world business, if you create a lottery system with a prize, and then you rig the prize, that's illegal.  Granted, the stakes are completely different on this site and this is a website, not a real business, but creating EP alternatives to win the lottery prizes so others can't is a scam.  Its the literal definition of a scam.

If you read my original post, I wasn't even complaining about the raffles.  At 1% i never expected to win any.  I didn't complain about not winning any or others winning.  I wanted to know what the deal was with a single user winning the lottery 2-3 times very close to one another. 

As for banning people because they had the audacity to question you...that's tyrannical and just bad business.  I mean, i would imagine you want people to use your site so you can make money.  But arbitrarily banning people because you get annoyed by a comment (which i still don't get why you'd be annoyed by it) should look bad to other users, and it loses you someone else who in this particular case has followed your rules and regulations to the point. 

Either way, its your business, not mine, and I'm sorry if you took my question in some way that it wasn't meant to be, but the mature thing would have been to talk about that.  Not to rub into people's faces that you create alternate accounts so less people will win the raffle, regardless of how long they listen to the radio (which again, the radio is the task, and though it may be an easy task, it still requires a user to not listen to other music, keep it on, use electricity, etc)
Back to Top
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:34am
Also, just to add on. 

No tickets == no people doing tasks that pay you. 

If people whine, you can just ignore them if you truly feel like they have no merit.  Its a forum...

But banning people arbitrarily because you feel like it just means people will avoid your site.  In all honest, I've been playing Entropia for a long time and I had avoided this site due to some others in the game citing it for a bad reputation.  Of late I heard a few good things so i decided to try it out and, until now, i was actually very impressed with it.  Your relationship with your CPA offers seemed stable and fair.  I liked that everything was fast and smooth.  I liked that I saw development in the site even though its an older site, etc. 

So why alienate a new player base when all you had to do is say "thank you for letting us know about this, we'll look into it?"  Not like I'd have known better, and I'd probably have done a sh*t ton more CPA offers and listened to the radio more, etc.

I'm not saying this as a reprimand or trying to be insulting.  More so for the future with other people as food for thought.  Obviously your business and how you run it will be how it will be run, but for future players, perhaps a less aggressive approach would have worked better for everyone. 
Back to Top
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Avatar
Grand Master

Joined: 19 Aug 2013
Location: EU-SL-EVE
Points: 3022
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:15am
I am not much of a writer. Please ignore multiple lines. I am trying to put a history here and clearing certain points. "You" means the community, so do not take personally.

EP was opened for Entropia Universe players in 2013 start. Before that it was known by other name and was available to the Second Life community only. You see there are many such CPA/bux/PTC services. When I started this one, SL was flooded with such services offering L$; not a single one staying for long. The idea was to have a dedicated one for SL community only with a focus on "community" rather profits. The idea extended to Entropia Universe and we moved all to one place under this banner.

We always tried to be clean with the offers/tasks provided here. This is my personal opinion that we cannot build a community with bogus / shady / PTC kind of offers. So we kept it small and relatively clean. If you dig through the forums you will see that we integrated certain providers and later removed them after continuous complaints. EP was/is a profit making service but we never prioritize profits over community. For every dollar EP gets, more than 70 cents go to the community. After taxes and running costs I make enough to cover my daily expenses. You can do the calculations. At present we log 3600 unique logins every month, and we record a million plus transactions every month. Sometimes as many as 4 millions a month. You can check this thread for such information.

All of the offers here are provided by 3rd parties. The payments are in real time. As soon as we receive a payment call from these 3rd parties, your EP account gets the credit. In numbers it looks like one transaction every 1-3 seconds. This never fails unless EP servers are down. To give you an idea, in 6 years we have recorded less than 100 failed CF payments (out of 1.43 million CF payment calls).

Music was the most popular earning activity for many. Unfortunately that had to go. It was sponsored. Guess it has been a year or so without any sponsor. EP stopped paying cash rewards for this activity and replaced them with redeemable points. This is the 2nd time we did this. First time we found a sponsor really fast and the points were converted to PED/L$. This time, sadly, we failed.

Now what about those points many have accumulated? It is a long discussion. Please dig and find in the forums. In brief I am planning to add certain real "activities" where users will be able to redeem. I also have to make sure not to break my pocket. Raffle is an addition to this. Hope you understand why it is free-lunch. Listening to radio is not an activity imo.

Bots and cheats keep trying to exploit some of our programs. Well, we keep improving. At present raffle tickets are awarded every x minutes. User / IP / PC restrictions apply. This cannot be any fairer. How the winner is picked is also in public with respective code as it is. It is annoying and sad when people points fingers. And for what?? 50 cents? When we are giving away many thousands?

A note to kelric6. The raffles on these websites are not lottery. You pay for a lottery and hope to win. Here you don't pay. If you consider clicking on a button to launch radio, and listening it as a ticket purchase, you must stop. We do not promote lotteries or chance based paid games.

Another note to kelric6. In so many years, only 11 have managed to earn a ban. We have hundreds of suspended accounts (mostly cheats / bots / alts). We also have hundreds of partially suspended accounts who cannot use certain services. This is for the good of this community. Hope you will see that. Ignoring is NOT an option.

People question me and EP all the time and they get answers. No one gets banned or suspended. But if you make PED/L$ legitimately here and still call EP outright thief, that is an issue.

Bottom line. EP is a community first and a profit making business next. No charity here.
Back to Top
kelric6 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning


Joined: 16 May 2018
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelric6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:42am
I must say, that was an incredibly well said response.  Very well said and explained.

I think the idea of a community for community site like this is exactly what Entropia needs, especially to keep it afloat as a game. 

As I also pointed out, I think you have done a great job with the offers wall so far.  After you have explained it, I do trust you when you say you try your best.  There are so many sites online where, unfortunately, people get scammed constantly by people only out there to make a profit.  If anything, between the Arkadia land deeds scandal, to the ComPet deeds, etc, many things associated with Entropia right now are, and I think should be, under scrutiny.  The reason I asked my question was because I saw a potential red flag and I wanted to hear from the community which had been here longer than I had.  I hadn't meant to accuse or even dismiss the site so much as determine for myself whether I should or shouldn't trust the site. 

Since I now know you run this, you should also have seen that I did send a contact request pointing out that there may have been a suspicious winner and that EP should look into it (because my first thought was that it was a botter). 

Now, I was assuming that what you said in one of your first comments about EP being behind it, etc, was fact.  But after what I consider to be this very honest response, can I assume that was sarcasm that I misinterpreted to be fact?

Also, I had not realized that, at the moment, the radio doesn't provide any income.  So now I can see how it is more of a "free lunch" situation than before.  Though I'd still argue that its not 100% free lunch, I can definitely see how, without a sponsor, it is close to charity for those who participate in the raffle.  Just remember that from a newbies point of view, I couldn't have known that. 

You've run the community for this long so I'll defer to your judgement on why ignoring isn't an option. 

Again, sorry if I had offended you, but I feel like, especially after reading your most recent post Tia, that there was alot of miscommunication amongst us both. 

Thank you for replying so politely as well, I really do appreciate that. 
Back to Top
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down