EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EntropiaPartners > Ask a Question
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Radio not working anymore..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Slapper Slapper wrote:

Rand, rnd etc are not random unless you run the program non stop for roughly 10k selections and select the winners after this period. As it is every time you run the program it will generate the same sequence in the vast majority of the times.

Humor me!! This is SQL Rand. If you call it in quick succession for a range it might generate the same number. Well, that is not the case. There are no quick succession (24 hours period) and there is no fixed range (count of tickets).

In earlier days I was using RAND with NEWID (a GUID if you like) and CHECKSUM  for the NEWID to generate the random number. Do not take my words, go for a test. Run a million random numbers with either method. Just make sure they are not in succession.
Sponsored Links

Slapper View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:53am
I am not having a go at you over this matter Tia in fact I was letting the subject drop until you challenged me.

You are in line for the Nobel prize for science as you have managed to do what no one else has ever been able to do since Babbages analytical engine. No one at Oxford, Cambridge, MIT or any computer laboratory anywhere in the World has ever managed to generate a true random number with any computer program in any computer programming language with out using quantum effects.

You may dispute my opinion that your program will never generate true randomness. This is too the good as any debate usually leads to improvement no matter what is debated.  I am only going off experience that from when I started to learn to program in various computer languages in 1972 on a dumb terminal using a dedicated phone line hooked up to an Elliott 803 and a PNP-8 hybrid computer, and building my first kit computer in 1975 (Altair 8800) for home use.  I have had pseudo random numbers generated by computers.

All of the research papers over true random vs pseudo random number generation are all available on line. 
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 3:41pm
You are not helping anyone with this Slapper. Being sarcastic because someone won a 5 PED twice??

This was the attitude of some regular whiners earlier and raffles had to go. Maybe you need to rethink.
barrey View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 7:04am
I believe that that guy doesn't understand the nature of random numbers and the triple-layered randomness there's within the raffles.
Ryou123 View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryou123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 11:30am
Is it working now
Please reply
sashaskull View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashaskull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Tia Tia wrote:

Originally posted by darka darka wrote:

This is not what I'm interested in... Where can i check my total 60700 point what before collected?
Soon.

As a reminder the points hold NO value. In fact they are in negative. Smile The beta generated no revenues at all but certain costs.

That's why I am looking for a fair solution. SLEGO seems to be one where players can compete for the pot. Pay in the points, earn in PED.

You will be able to see the points when this page is up.

So where can we check the EP points we currently have left Tia? Sorry I've been out for a while but I remember I had a decent amount of EP points. Just wondering how I can, if I understood correctly, exchange them for SLEGO points? Or any other solution you thought about I haven't heard about? Would love some extra information about this. Thanks!
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:19am
Originally posted by sashaskull sashaskull wrote:

So where can we check the EP points we currently have left Tia? Sorry I've been out for a while but I remember I had a decent amount of EP points. Just wondering how I can, if I understood correctly, exchange them for SLEGO points? Or any other solution you thought about I haven't heard about? Would love some extra information about this. Thanks!
Go to PlaySlego website. Complete your profile. Your EP points will be deposited there as SLEGOI points after the conversion. You must play and claim these points then. For each paid game you pay certain points and win PED/L$ in your EP account. So if you keep playing you will exhaust all these points.

You will also receive some bonus points after completing your profile.
sashaskull View Drop Down
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashaskull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Tia Tia wrote:

Go to PlaySlego website. Complete your profile. Your EP points will be deposited there as SLEGOI points after the conversion. You must play and claim these points then. For each paid game you pay certain points and win PED/L$ in your EP account. So if you keep playing you will exhaust all these points.

You will also receive some bonus points after completing your profile.

Thanks for the reply Tia. It seems I had already done my profile, but I didn't remember. How can I make sure I claimed the points correctly at the time of finishing my profile? As of now, I have 1537 points. Does this amount seem reasonable for the amount of EP points I had accumulated? You are the only one who can know this, since you can't see this stat anywhere :P
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 6:32pm

Thanks for the reply Tia. It seems I had already done my profile, but I didn't remember. How can I make sure I claimed the points correctly at the time of finishing my profile? As of now, I have 1537 points. Does this amount seem reasonable for the amount of EP points I had accumulated? You are the only one who can know this, since you can't see this stat anywhere :P
500 points bonus for joining. So you got 1037 points after conversion. It is automated, no need to recheck.

Please understand that those EP points had NO value (in fact they carried negative value).
ethel View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:41pm
hi Tia , first of all ty,ty,ty for bringing the radio back Clap  ,been using it for few days now and in the last 2 or 3 days i notice after 1 hr or a bit more there's been a "not detected" sign on the progression bar bottom right side and on the place were the songs names goes shows "music will restart in 21 minutes " or something similar . Is this new ,a cool down period ,or now i'm thinking an add time space ,but then i thought it seems to long for adds .Just some feedback /question while it wasn't doing it at the beginning .
Tia View Drop Down
Big Boss
Big Boss
Grand Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by ethel ethel wrote:

hi Tia , first of all ty,ty,ty for bringing the radio back Clap  ,been using it for few days now and in the last 2 or 3 days i notice after 1 hr or a bit more there's been a "not detected" sign on the progression bar bottom right side and on the place were the songs names goes shows "music will restart in 21 minutes " or something similar . Is this new ,a cool down period ,or now i'm thinking an add time space ,but then i thought it seems to long for adds .Just some feedback /question while it wasn't doing it at the beginning .
As stated, we have limited test slots available. So yes, the cool down period is a test feature. Good news is, just sit back and relax. The streaming will auto start. Smile
ethel View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:09pm

yes, just notice that happening too Clap .Ty ty,ty, Smile
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112