EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EntropiaPartners > Tips & Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Level 1, and a Odd Task

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Earning
Earning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolahra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Level 1, and a Odd Task
    Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 10:13am
I finally got to Level 1 finally as of today. While Level 0 jobs are thin on the ground and too many are being flagged as not counting towards qualification to levelling, Crowdflower acklowledged this, and is gradually rolling out to newcomers an "Entrance Exam" consisting of random test questions which are unpaid for (the flip side is that the results are not provided to original Task Authors, neither are questions which are wrongly answered noted to test-takers in order to prevent schooling of future newcomers on the questions being used to artificially pump them up to the necessary 100+ questions needed to qualify for higher levels)

Another pleasant surprise came out today- most level 1 tasks tend not to pay well if they only take under an hour to complete and are usually merely a stepstone towards level 2.  However, I was provided with a very basic "determine a certain characteristic of a search term" that paid L$6 per task completed well...

It turns out that knowing another language that isn't English can partially boost your access to jobs, especially when that language is rare amongst Crowdflower workers in general >:D It's been a little taxing putting my less than perfect Chinese to work on a task that requires a good command of it, but in the past four hours it seems nobody else is working on this job but me, and if I stop at it, it's only because I'm tired, or I've hit the maximum tasking allowed per worker.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply