EntropiaPartners Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Virtual Worlds > Entropia Universe
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Noob Guide to find TP, Cities by Ghosting EU4TP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noob Guide to find TP, Cities by Ghosting EU4TP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MaxHecWalker View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxHecWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noob Guide to find TP, Cities by Ghosting EU4TP
    Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 5:39am
Ghost Walking Entropia Universe for Teleporters & much much more...

A basic guide for noobs who (like me) get bored with sweating after a couple hours, and probably too low on ammo to hunt.
You can try rappelling for fun and/or ghosting your way to that next city, get a new tp (teleporter) on list, and new missions too.
Hope you read this and give it a try.  :)

Remember, nothing quite like being the only yellow suit in a new city, that you arrive at the hard way.  ;)

Water shimmering

----------

* Plan your route by using websites with maps of Calypso:
And write-down the coordinates where you'll head to.
 ie. Eurus 73299, 75970 > Twin Peaks 77777, 76673
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Planet_Calypso_Maps

* Don't get lost, set Waypoints:
Okay go back to playing EU and press M to bring up your map.
Move your arrow over map until it shows your mouse is close to the coordinates of your first stop. Right-click there and make a waypoint.
Now when you face that direction you'll see the waypoints blue words (ie. Boreas) and the distance to it.  Note: waypoints are erased when you logout.
A set waypoint look like...

* Before leaving visit storage unit:
This step is probably unnecessary but I dump everything from my carried inventory into the storage unit.
Except for Vibrant Sweat Extractor (VSE Mk 1), Valk (Valkryie Car/Dune-buggy).  Sometimes i bring a rifle or pistol & some ammo.
I do this because I'm unsure if/how the weight affects my running speed.
  (it doesn't btw, but too much weight & you can only walk, not run)

Originally I also kept everything in storage terminal because I was unsure how PVP zones worked. 
  You can't be looted in normal PVP zones.  (See: top row of 3 images in picture below)
  So the normal PVP areas are just for practice/fun and you can't be looted.
  But Space or special PVP zone that require Anti-Toxic shot, and without it you will return to revival terminal instantly.  So only special places with big scary warnings are lootable, and so new players can't walk in and get looted by mistake.  (see bottom row of 3 images in picture below)
  (Lootables are the 2 tabs in your avatar's inventory called Materials, and Mined Resources.)
Anyways PVP for noobs isn't what this articles about.
PVP zones and icon colors

* Mob Density & Ghosting:
Look at your radar at lower right, it has a - & + symbol, click the - until it doesn't zoom in any more.
 [The radar picture I edited shows the inner circle in blue, and outer 2nd circle in green.]
Radar how to use it to run past mobs

You want to keep red dots out of the inner circle when running through mobs.
If the red dots are too close together (like shown in my picture, at left side) then its unwise to run through them.
But for highly aggro (aggressive) mobs (like Atrax/Neconu/Oculus/Osseocollum) you want to keep them out of the outer 2nd circle.
 [I seem to get attacked by hi agrro's if their red dot gets maybe 1/2 way between the two radar circles.]
ID nearby mobs to know how aggro they are

* Water is (almost always) safe:
Got an mob (ie. Atrax) chasing you?  Then head for water.
Water must be deeper then the mobs head to drown it, and it drowns instantly after maybe 20? seconds or so.  Fyi you can't drown. 
But it's possible (very rarely) the water has vicious fishes, so be prepared to swim back to land on occasion.
 [fyi You can see fishes just a few metres north of the fertilizer boat mission, near Nus Lull.]
Regardless if your route is along water then all the better, and the beaches can be a nice walk for fruits/stones.
After you know what to look for & if your video card is good enough you can see fruits/stones appear while running.  If running learn to stop fast, and if fruit/stone disappeared don't turn, but walk backwards to where you think your nearest it then turn left & right. [And it's always re-appeared for me that way.]
Swimming in water is often very safe

* Time to see the matrix...
Learn to see the land-border zones, & mob spawn areas.
Okay so the game often (not always) has a small corridor that is safe for you to run between two types of landscapes/mobs.
And the borders of Player controlled/owned lands almost always have these empty zones.  Perhaps because they don't want to loose PEDs by having their (potential HoF) mob get killed when chasing someone off their land (no profit).
Crossroads for Land borders and probably for spawn zones

* Terrain:
Take terrain into account.  Walking midway up a hillside, or along mountain peaks can take an extra few minutes but often those areas are clear of mobs.  But occasionally the opposite is true where the hills have mobs and the middle of the valley or desert is clear.
Half way up a hillside to avoid distant mobs

* Mountain climbing & Abseiling/Rappelling("rapping"):
Not much to the climbing, sometimes you don't move fast but are still moving up, and moving a bit left or right can make your character progress faster.
But let's say you want to go down an extremely high 90 degree rock face where you'll obviously take more damage then your avatar can handle if you run down or even try walking down it.  Now you must Abseil/Rappel, just go to cliff edge & turn 180 and face inland, press "s" and walk backwards a little.  Keep walking backwards 1 step at a time until your character is moving downwards on their own (without you pressing s). 
But don't slide too fast, press "w" to walk forward and your char will slow down or maybe even stop moving.  Basically running forwards is your brake.
A nice place (imo) to practice rappelling is the cliff face just east of the outpost near 71400, 73600
When you safely reach the bottom be sure to yell "One Off Belay!!!"  :D 
About to Abseil/Rappell - Yells "One On Belay!"

* Summary:
Radar is your friend.  Before & during probing land areas for mob density, actually look at nearest mobs to find out what type & you'll know how sensitive they are/how close you can get.
Sometimes a little back-tracking can pay off to find a way through.  And thats because the nearest revive station probably won't have a tp and it could be surrounded by hi-lvl/hi-aggro mobs with no way out but to pay PEDs, or make a run through using Valk, and risk your valk needing costly repairs.
For medium mob density in a thin area, picking the lowest lvl mob and shooting it can pay off too.  Be sure to start back-peddling after the first shot.  And if your shots are doing almost no dmg but your health goes down by 1/4 at a time then stop shooting.  You'll be able to attack that type of mob later when your skills have gone up.
 [Recently I shot L0 Merp, it took 19 shots (too many) but my health bar barely went down compared to it's HP (so I knew I was damaging it more then it was damaging me), afterwards I was able easily get through that mob area and made it to Eurus.]
Yes, shooting a mob ignores my concept of a 0 cost & stealthy walk.

----------

But wait there's more!!!
So I added a map to show a recent route I took.
Originally I headed out from Chug's Place to Eurus, and I quickly got tired of reviving at Chugs.  So I teleported to Jurra Plateu instead. 
On this map (below), I drew yellow lines to show fairly calm/safe walk areas, the orange was dangerous/risky/or got chased, the blue is where I revived to.
The bright pink/magenta areas I drew are roughly where mobs are unpassable by me using stealth atm.
I made it to Twin Peaks in about 4 hours, & found fruits but no stones this time.  Found more missions at Twin Peaks and one was to walk to Fort Fury...  :D  Challenge Accepted!
Route taken from Jaffa Plateau to Twin Peaks

Also set aside 3-4 hours to walk from New Oxford/Bilton Towers to Timbesha, then to Nea's Place.
Route taken from Bilton Towers to Neas Place

Lastly, I want to mention 3 things:
1. Asking on rookie chat for a free ride (ie. if anyone might be heading somewhere) will very likely get you ignored, and begging will soon get you negative comments.
2. There's people (who are extremely nice) that occasionally offer new players a free trip to Nea's, or other tp locations.  Just be very patient & watch rookie chat for their offers, and pm them right away. 
3. Obviously you can't make PED ghosting for TPs & cities, but a few missions at new cities are easy enough to do and certainly help a newbie.

----------

Now, it's only my 2nd week of playing on Planet Calypso, started on Feb 7, 2015.
I'm finding this MMO to be very different then others I've played, EU has a great mix of people, and a ton of stuff/places to do/try/see.
Hope this helps people find a different/new way to simply play EU and some new places to visit, & see some new/odd sights too. :D
And I'd like to find out if other people are doing this, and what additional tips/methods they have for us about ghosting EU4TP.  ;)

StMzzaaFidai View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StMzzaaFidai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 6:51am
Wow nice guide bro. Kinda way they did it in past a lot.
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxHecWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 3:16pm
Thank you for noticing I went all old school StMzzaaFidai  :D
When I think of stealth gaming I always think of Thief: The Dark Project, & II The Metal Age.
I found today's tutorials are often videos which often don't answer my question & I've no way to quickly skim through a vid.  Also many forum posts out there get technical, but without pictures they're kinda dizzying for noobs.

Anyways with so many newbies getting worked up about making PEDs or finishing missions I thought "hey how can I just have fun with EU" and lol you know the answer.  ;)

---------------
PS.  I just stealthed & mapped out sections of Treasure Island (pretty easy & quick to do), as I recall I didn't find any new missions north of the Deer Mall, but I do have 6 new tp on my list.

Ceaseer View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceaseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by MaxHecWalker MaxHecWalker wrote:

Ghost Walking Entropia Universe for Teleporters & much much more...

* Before leaving visit storage unit:
This step is probably unnecessary but I dump everything from my carried inventory into the storage unit.
Except for Vibrant Sweat Extractor (VSE Mk 1), Valk (Valkryie Car/Dune-buggy).  Sometimes i bring a rifle or pistol & some ammo.
I do this because I'm unsure if/how the weight affects my running speed.
Also because PVP zones might be along the way. 
 [I've been shot twice in Red icon PVP zones, and I've spent over an hour reading many articles.   All I know for sure about PVP lootables is that changes over the years, and that space PVP is apparently worse.]
Anyways PVP for noobs isn't what this articles about.
PVP zones icon colors

Dont be too afraid of pvp zones. The only true lootable pvp zones are the toxic zones which you can only enter if you take an anti toxic shot and space. So as long as you do not take the anti toxic shot you never have to worry about being looted anywhere on a planet.

Also, a great way to get around is to do your noob mission and get the valkyrie. It is fast and can out run most mobs.
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxHecWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 5:42pm
Excellent info Ceaseer.  Thanks, now I know what that toxic icon next to PVP is for, and thankfully I've never seen it change color (yet).

I did mention the Valk, but honestly we should start a short guide called "Dude where's my car? - Look in Storage!"  :D
Oh & newbies don't spawn Valk & try to drive uphill to avoid a mob, it doesn't pickup speed fast enough.  So spawn it and head downhill back past the mob, then turn around without loosing speed and head uphill again.
Ceaseer View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceaseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 6:01pm
Dont worry about toxic area. You'll be dead before you know it, LOL. As the lootable pvp area is toxic without the shot. If you enter by mistake and the toxicity kills you dont panic, as your stuff will be with you when you revive.

I see a lot of help where's my car. If you leave it for extended period of time it will go to storage. OR to speed up the process you can Right click -> Control -> Vehicle -> Recall

And about the valk, if you take monster or PVP damage it eats away at the TT value as well as SI (structural integrity). SI can be repaired, but TT cannot and once TT is low enough the item is useless. Spawn your vehicle at any busy place and someone will likely repair it for free. I suggest you repair it often to avoid it blowing up and losing additional TT. Even burnt and crispy can still be repaired if spawnable. When you hit a tree, rock or launch off a cliff and take SI damage your TT is not hurt. So do not need to be paranoid and super careful about bumps and bruises.

Sounds like you are learning the ropes very fast. Keep doing the missions as they take your around the planet to new areas. Find yourself a mentor and join a society :)

TheeTimp View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Top Earner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheeTimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 1:00am
A lot of people are willing to take you to main places like Twin Peaks, Boreas, OLA42, sometimes even Neas Place. Once you have the main 5-10 teleports you really don't  (HAVE to HAVE) need to many more anytime soon. If you join a soc they will be most likely to help you out also. I believe there is a post of the Calypso forums with all the teleporter locations also, it may not have a couple of the newer ones however.
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxHecWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 11:20pm
Thank you both for helping my & everyone who reads this guide. 
I must update that pvp icon colours picture, to make it accurate. 
I've over 30 tp's now but I never got to OLA42 yet.  For the next week or so I'm planing to skill up, maybe sweat a bit for PEDs, and explore the north continent more by doing missions.
Who knows, I might even make some noob guides on doing those too.  ha ha ha  :)

Anyways I like the challenge of ghost walking through Calypso, and I enjoy the journey. 
Pleasantly & surprisingly, this 3D virtual world is not the type of MMO I expected.
lol too many sights to see, things to do, and people to see/seen, to start mentioning all of them.  Well... maybe just one.

At one point while traveling to Memorial Island I had a few PM's going at the same time.   Suddenly I had to jump in the water and in a hurry when some mob (I think Allophyl) was chasing/attacking me.  Shortly after jumping in the water BAM! a RipperSnapper was on me.  The mob drowned about when a second RipperSnapper joined in the fun.  And I turned round and barely made it back to shore.  But I'm sure would've been pretty funny for anyone watching me flee to water then quickly double-back to land. 
:(  Stupid vicious fishes!  ;p

Ha ha ha, well as I said ghost walking is all about the journey & having fun.  :D

Post Reply Post Reply